1. You should ideally maintain a Vata diet and routine, since it is Vata season. Find out what your Prakriti is? Vata, Pitta or Kapha?
2. Ideally go for sweet, sour, and salty tastes, as these help balance Vata. If you have any pre existing conditions against them, then choose wisely. In case of any Health issues or queries, feel free to reach out to us over email or Whatsapp us at +91 9958171405
3. Polluted air tends to become more harmful during such weather. Here are some of the Best Air Purifiers you can consider for your home. You can also try organic Kusmandaka Rasayana for any respiratory disorders.
4. Your diet should include plenty of fresh, warm, well cooked, and even oily food as season is cold and dry. It is also recommended to go for Panchakarma during this season as it helps detoxify and cleanse your body. (Know more here)
6. Oh and before I forget. We came to know of two wonderful retreats happening in the month of January and thought you may be interested in the same. You can choose between Gokarna Retreat in Karnataka and a Rural Sojourn in Rajasthan. Details are available here. Whatsapp us at +91 9958171405 for any queries.
7. Sleeping earlier than you do in other seasons is prescribed since the sun sets early during winters. Also, if you are feeling too chilly, then this room heater may be a good choice.
8. You should eat the largest meal during Lunch time since sun is highest in the sky and internal digestive fire is the strongest. If you are facing any digestive issues, then just reply to this mail and let us know what is bothering you so we can accordingly help you.
9. In case you suffer from chest congestion, a concentrated decoction made out of peppercorns (Kali Mirch) with cumin (Jeera) and jaggery (Gur) will help to expel out all the sputum and give a pleasant feeling when there is productive cough coming out. If you have recurring issues with your cough, you can treat it with Ayurvedic medicine.
10. And just as we wrap this up, here's a quick winter soup for you.
Take 2 pinch Black Pepper, 2 whole Carrots, 2 tbsp Celery stalk, 1/4 inch Ginger, 2 teaspoon Olive Oil and 1/4 tsp Rock Salt. Put carrots, ginger, celery into a blender. Fill to the height of the vegetables with water. Pour into pot and boil with other ingredients for 10-15 minutes. Ginger and Black Pepper burn away congestion, and have high antioxidants to boost your immune system.
All these measures can go a long way in maintaining good health through the winter, so that you can enjoy winter's serene silence and beauty 🙂