Do you struggle with painful and swollen joints due to arthritis? If you do, these symptoms are likely to get worse during cold and humid weather. Here are a handful of Do-It -Yourself (DIY) home remedies to bring relief to arthritis:
- Mix 6 tsp each of dried ginger powder, caraway seeds powder and 3 tsp black pepper powder. Take 1/2 tsp of this mixture three times a day with water.
- Massage the affected area with warm mustard oil and onion juice to relieve pain and swelling.
- Boil a glass of water mixed with ½ tsp dried mint leaves. Reduce the water into half. Strain and cool the remaining liquid. Drink this decoction twice daily to relieve arthritis pain and inflammation.
- Take 1 tsp carom seed powder and add a little bit of salt in it. Swallow this mixture with lukewarm water daily to relieve arthritis.
- Mix 1 tsp honey in a bowl with ½ tsp ginger juice. Mix it well and take it every morning to treat arthritis symptoms.
- Take 1 tbsp honey and 1/2 tbsp cinnamon powder. Mix them well and take it every day to treat arthritis symptoms.
- Soak your hands and legs in warm water mixed with Epsom salt for 20 minutes daily. It will help relieve joint pains and swelling. Epsom salt is full of magnesium content. It boosts blood flow in the body and reduces stiffness and pain.
- Turmeric is a wonder herb. It has great antioxidant and anti inflammatory properties. Add 2-3 pinches of turmeric powder to a glass of warm milk. Consume it at bedtime daily to help relieve arthritis pain. You may also apply a thick paste of turmeric powder with water on the affected area. Let it dry for half an hour and wash it off with plain water.
- Massage your painful joints with castor oil twice a day. It will improve the blood circulation and healing properties of castor oil will relieve the pain and stiffness in joints.
- In half a glass of warm water, add 1 tsp each honey and apple cider vinegar. Mix them well. Drink this mixture daily in the morning to treat the symptoms of arthritis.
- If you have painful knee joints, there is an easy DIY remedy. Mix 1 tbsp each of dried ginger powder and mustard oil well to make a paste. Apply this paste over the painful joints for a few hours. Wash it off with plain water later. Do it regularly for best results.
- Take a glass of warm water and add a teaspoon of fenugreek seeds to it. Soak the fenugreek seeds overnight. In the morning, drink the water by sipping it slowly and chew the seeds too. Do it daily to relieve arthritis pain.
- For chronic arthritis, take 6-7 leaves of Night-flowering jasmine (also known as harsingar/ or paarijaat) tree and crush them to make a fine paste. Mix this paste in a glass of water. Boil this water and reduce it to half. Cool it and drink it on an empty stomach early in the morning daily. Continue for 3 months and give a break. Then continue for another 3 months. It will help treat chronic arthritis symptoms as old as 10 years or more.
- Learn yoga asana specifically beneficial for relieving arthritis under an experts’ supervision. Practice it daily at home. These asana not only relieve your arthritic pain but also help prevent it. Shalabh asana, pawan muktasana, bhujang asnana, savang asnana nad dhanur asnana are some of the yoga asana that help relieve arthritis stiffness and pain.
Consult an ayurvedic doctor before starting these home remedies for best results.