Did you know that some of our regular habits harm dental health?
- Grinding your teeth makes your teeth cry. While in stress or when trying to control your anger you put a lot of pressure on your teeth which is not a good idea.
- Using teeth to tear open packets or break off tags on items. Using your teeth as a tool can cause them to crack.
- Steeping in ‘bare mouthed' to the game field. Using mouth gourd while playing outdoor sports like hockey prevents them from chipping off or getting knocked down as the game gets more intense.
- Tongue piercings are to be avoided at all costs irrespective of how ‘in-vogue’ they might make you seem.
- One must make it a point to brush after having jelly beans or other gummy candies. These actually get stuck to the teeth and the acids it produces remain in contact with the teeth for a long time. This causes damage to the enamel of the teeth.
- Lastly, chewing on ice! The hard ice cubes can damage your teeth.
A must read at webmd.