When it comes to losing the extra kilos, there is only one thing that pops in one’s mind – dieting! Isn’t it?
Here is where controlling your taste buds come into picture. Watching what and how much you eat becomes very crucial. While on a dieting spree, most of your favourite foods like the mouth watering apple cinnamon pie or the heavenly dum biryani are bid adieu..! After a few days of living on a strict diet, you start craving for all the yummy food stuff you used to eat. And one day you lose control and go binging on the carb-rich high calorie food.
Losing focus is very common while on a diet. But there is good news for all those who want to slim down. If the food is low on calories and high on taste and nutritional value, then your tummy is full for longer, your taste buds are happy and whoa, you are many pounds lighter than before in a matter of few weeks!
The trick to losing weight lies in boosting your metabolism by exercise and consuming lesser calories that you used to. Here are a few healthy and lip-smacking salad recipes you can use for losing weight easily.
Let us begin with the recipe for an exotic ‘Quinoa salad’:
For preparing quinoa–
In a medium sized saucepan, take one and half cup of quinoa, 2 cloves of minced garlic and add three cups of vegetable stock. Put it on a medium heat and let it come to a boil. Lower the heat, cover the saucepan and let the mixture simmer for another 15 minutes. Turn the heat off after that and let quinoa sit for another 5 minutes. Drain the leftover stock.
- 1 cup boiled corn/baby corn
- 1 bunch asparagus (chopped and steamed)
- 2 cucumbers (diced into small cubes)
- ½ cup red bell pepper (finely chopped)
- ½ cup yellow bell pepper (finely chopped)
- 1 medium size onion (finely chopped)
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 3 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 1-2 tbsp lemon juice
- Salt and white pepper powder to taste
Recipe for Quinoa Salad:
To the cooked quinoa, add asparagus, cucumber, corn, red pepper, yellow pepper and onion. Mix it well. Add white wine vinegar, olive oil and lemon juice. Mix it well again. Sprinkle salt and white pepper powder to taste. Allow this mixture to sit for an hour and your scrumptious quinoa salad is ready to be relished!
If you want grab a quick bite, toss up a nutritious salad in a few minutes. Here is a filling ‘Chickpea salad’ recipe for you:
- 1 ½ cup boiled chickpea
- 1 tomato (deseeded and finely chopped)
- 1/2 capsicum (deseeded and finely chopped)
- 1 cucumber (deseeded and finely chopped)
- 1 cabbage leaf (grated)
- 1 small carrot (peeled and cubed)
- 1 medium sized onion (finely chopped)
- ½ tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- Salt and black pepper powder to taste
- flaxseed powder
Recipe for Chickpea Salad:
Wash all the veggies well. Mix them with the boiled chickpea. To this mixture, add olive oil, lemon juice, salt and black pepper powder to taste. Sprinkle flaxseed powder on your salad to make it more nutritious. Enjoy your crunchy chickpea salad!
- If you want to take this salad for lunch to office, make sure that you deseed the tomato and cucumber. This will avoid making the salad soggy with water from tomato and cucumber.
- To make it more crunchy and nutritious, you may throw in a few dry fruits like almonds and walnuts too.
Here comes another recipe for crunchy ‘Rainbow salad’-
- 1 bunch lettuce (finely chopped)
- 1 cup sprouts (steamed)
- ½ cup black olives
- ½ cup beetroot (finely grated)
- ¼ cabbage (finely grated)
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes
- ¼ yellow bell peppers (julienned)
- ½ cup raw tofu (crumbled or cubed)
- 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 4 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 2 garlic cloves (minced)
- Salt and black pepper powder to taste
Recipe for Rainbow Salad:
Club all the veggies together and toss them nicely. Add the dressing of olive oil, balsamic vinegar and minced garlic to the mixture. Add salt and pepper powder to taste. Mix the salad well. In the end, put crumbled raw tofu to the salad. Your colourful and healthy rainbow salad is ready to eat!
All the best to you for losing the extra pounds without sweating over it! Keep your diet healthy and full of nutrients. These yummy salad recipes will help you load up on fibre and anti oxidants and make you look great at the same time.Simply munch your way to a slimmer you!