Unwanted facial hair creates an embarrassing situation for most of the women at certain point in their lives.Male pattern hair growth in women is medically known as hirsutism. Click to know more about Hirsutism and its treatment in Ayurveda here. Here are 5 packs for natural facial hair removal.
How to remove facial hair from face naturally fast?
Natural facial hair removal packs:
1.Raw papaya and turmeric face mask
Raw papaya contains “papain” that helps in breaking down the hair follicles at it root and thus preventing the growth of hair. Raw papaya and turmeric makes a natural facial hair removal face pack.
- Raw papaya- peeled and ground into a fine paste – 2 tbsp
- Turmeric powder- 1/2 tsp
- Wet the skin and pat dry.
- Apply the mixture of papaya paste and turmeric onto the skin opposite to the direction of hair growth.
- It can be either washed off when it is dry or can be scrubbed off with a cloth.
- Repeat this remedy at least twice or thrice a week.
2. Alum and rose water remedy
Alum and rose water is a less explored remedy by most of the Indian women for natural facial hair removal. The alum and rose water works best on the oily skin tone, cleanses the face, exfoliates and removes facial hair gradually. This is a folk remedy used on the girls who have just attained puberty so that they have a hassle free life ahead. But this also works in adults too. The results are not as swift as you expect but they are promising and long lasting. Also that this remedy can be done even after shaving, threading or waxing sessions.
- Powdered alum – 1 tsp
- Rose water – 1/2 tsp
- A cotton ball
- Oil – coconut/ sesame/ olive according to one's wish
- Prepare a mixture of alum and rose water
- Apply this over the facial hair targeting the roots using a cotton ball.
- After it has become dry, wash it off and moisturize with an oil of your choice.
3. Egg white, cornflour and sugar mask
This remedy gives permanent results when used for a long time on a regular basis.
- Egg white – of 1 egg
- Corn flour – 1 tsp
- Sugar – 1 tsp
- Add sugar and cornflour with egg white.
- Beat it till you get a smooth paste.
- Apply this egg mask to your face and let it dry.
- Once the pack has dried, you can either peel off the pack dry or use a damp cotton cloth to remove the pack.
4. Yellow lentil and potato face mask
Potatoes are known to have bleaching properties on the hair and skin. In combination with lentils it becomes an effective remedy for hair removal. This natural facial hair removal pack also brightens the skin and removes dark circles around the eyes.
- Yellow dal – soaked and made into a paste
- Potato juice – peeled, crushed and juice to be extracted
- Lemon juice – 1 tsp
- Honey – 1 tsp
- Mix all the above mentioned ingredients together to make a paste and apply on the direction opposite to the direction of hair growth.
- Let it dry for 20 mins.
- Remove the paste by rubbing it off with a dry clot/ brush /palm.
- Some hair might even come off with the pack
- Continue this three or four times in a fortnight.
5.Honey, lemon juice and oatmeal face mask
- Honey – 1 tsp
- Lemon juice – 1 tsp
- Ground oat meal paste – 1 tbsp
- Combine the mixture of oatmeal paste, lemon juice and honey to a paste like consistency
- Apply it all over the face and let it dry for 20- 30 minutes.
- Wash it off when it is completely dry.
- Repeat this 3-4 times per week for removing unwanted hair on the face.
Phytoestrogens for Facial Hair Removal
In addition to the face packs, you should also have foods rich in phytoestrogens. Phytoestrogens are natural hormones and helps in maintaining the balance of hormones in the body.
6. Soy products
7. Spearmint is a drug having anti-androgenic property which is one of the health benefits of spearmint that aids in the removal of unwanted hair.A study conducted by Turkish researchers indicates that spearmint tea can help women with hirsutism. The study subjects were given herbal spearmint tea twice a day for five days in the follicular phase of their menstrual cycles. The follicular phase begins on the first day of your cycle and lasts about 14 days.
- Boil a cup of water. Add one teaspoon of dried spearmint to it. If you have fresh spearmint leaves, use four or five of them.
- Cover the container and let it steep for about five to 10 minutes.
- Strain and drink the tea.
- Have it twice daily.