Hiccups are said to occur when there is a disturbance in your digestive tract. Here’s how you can easily stop those irritating hiccups:
- Drink a glass of water if you are also burping, after a spicy meal, along with the hiccups.
- Block both ears to prevent air going in by placing your fingers in them.
- Lift up your left arm and hold it up for a few minutes.
- Hold your breath in for longer than usual, release your breath and then hold it again. Repeat this for a few times.
- Gargle with water.
- Take a big gulp of air in your mouth and swallow.
If these measures don’t work and your hiccups persist for an hour, you may need to see a doctor.