Stroke occurs when your brain's blood supply is drastically reduced. Here are six foods that can bring down your risk of suffering a stroke:
- Tomatoes: Tomatoes contain lycopene, an antioxidant that can prevent stroke. The more lycopene you have in your system, the less your chances of developing a stroke.
- Chocolate: Eating 2 small bars of chocolate everyday is said to reduce the risk of stroke. But if you are overweight, it is best not to take chocolate as it could add to your weight gain and cause your risk to increase.
- Whole grains: A higher intake of whole grains has been found to reduce the risk of stroke, especially in women.
- Fat free and low fat diary products: Milk contains Vitamin D, which can regulate your blood pressure and reduce the risk of stroke.
- Magneisum-rich food: Green vegetables, lentils, beans and nuts are rich in magnesium, which reduces the risk of stroke.
- Fish: Fish contains Omega-3 fatty acid, which dramatically reduces your risk of stroke.