Most of us know that watermelons are good for health. Were you aware that watermelon seeds are super great for health? Sunflower seeds are better known as a healthy snack. Healthy snacks especially seeds seem to be making a comeback as many of us are choosing the healthy way of life. Watermelon seeds and sunflower seeds are not the only seeds that are good for health… let’s read about more seeds in detail:
1. Sunflower Seeds: Sunflower seeds are rich in folic acid which helps in stress reduction by raising the level of serotonin in the brain. Serotonin is a naturally occurring anti-depressant. Kids are exceptionally happy eating sunflower seeds. Sunflower seeds are also rich in Vitamin B which provides energy and magnesium which helps in keeping stress under control. Sunflower seeds are easily available in the healthy sections of your general stores and are not expensive.
2. Watermelon Seeds: Watermelon seeds are loaded with unlimited health benefits. All across the world there are more than twelve hundred varieties of watermelons grown. Many people ask for seedless watermelon to avoid the hassle of removing the seeds. But after reading the benefits, I am sure you will never ask for the seed free watermelons. An ounce of watermelon seeds have three grams of zinc, two grams of iron and proteins in good quantity. Watermelon seeds are also rich in vitamins, amino seeds as well as minerals.
3. Flax seeds: Flax seeds are rich in compounds that have properties similar to hormones responsible for increasing the efficiency of progesterone. The fatty acids found in the flax seeds are also helpful in improving mental health and reducing depression. You can grind the flax seeds before consuming it. You can simply chew on the seeds as well.
4. Sesame seeds: Sesame seeds are helpful in lowering cholesterol levels. This property comes from the presence of lignans in the seeds, which hinder cholesterol absorption. You can add sesame seeds to your daily diet by sprinkling it on almost all foods that you have cooked. You can even toast the seeds in a frying pan and eat them.
5 Chia Seeds: Chia is extremely healthy. It is rich in proteins, micro nutrients, omega three fatty acids as well as hydrophilc colloid. Chia seeds are helpful in slowing down the conversion of carbohydrates from diet and are also helpful in controlling diabetes of type 2.
6. Grape Seeds: Most of us love grapes. It is extremely beneficial to have grapes that have seeds in it. Like watermelon most of us choose grapes that are free from seeds. The grape seeds are rich in antioxidants and flavonols which enhance the capillaries and make them stronger. These compounds are helpful for contracting arterial walls. Grape seeds also help reduce swelling in case you are suffering from varicose veins. The grapes with seeds are also cheaper as compared to the ones without seeds.
7. Fennel Seeds: Fennel seeds are little seeds that are similar to licorice in taste. It acts as a good mouth freshener. They also help in reducing menstrual cramps. Fennel seeds have an oil referred to as anethole which is helpful in soothing muscles and relaxing them.