8 Components of Ayurveda:
It is believed that Ayurveda has 8 distinct components based on Sanskrit literature dating back to several hundreds of years ago.
- Kayachikitsa – general medicine covering all aspects of the human body
- Kaumara-bhrtya and Bala Roga – paediatric medicine for treating children.
- Shalya tantra – all aspects of surgery.
- Salakya-tantra – ophthalmology, Ear-Nose-Throat and Dental treatment
- Bhuta-vidya – treatment of undefined invisible symptoms
- Agada-tantra – treatment of poisoning.
- Rasayana-tantra – Geriatrics, Prevention of Ageing, and natural rejuvenation of the skin.
- Vajikarana tantra – Sexual Health and Reproduction