Do you find yourself stuck in a weight loss plateau? Do you find yourself always wondering how to shed those extra pounds? Then here are some natural herbs you may want to try to help ease the process. Now, do you think these herbs can actually work?
Without doubt, yes they can.
Provided you are consistent in your efforts.
Every day you come across countless products and fad diets that promise instant weight loss effortlessly. However, there is no such magic pill. There exists only one truth to fight that extra flab – right foods and right exercise.
So turn the common herbs in your kitchen into components that can help you reach a healthy weight. Below are a few such herbs you can use along with a healthy diet.
- Cinnamon – research supports cinnamon and weight loss. Regular intake of cinnamon actually helps manage weight by enhancing digestion and stabilizing blood sugar levels. Since high blood sugar levels can lead to increased storage of fat, cinnamon helps prevent this. Simply brewing it up using whole cinnamon sticks/ ground cinnamon is the best way to sip healthy.
- Green Tea – one of the most popular weight loss herbs that contains antioxidants (catechins) that speed up the metabolic rate helping in burning calories faster. It is usually obtained from unfermented leaves. These are a rich source of a class of anti-oxidants called polyphenols. Green tea can help mobilize fat from fat cells. Consult your doctor before drinking green tea if you have a pre-existing medical condition. Sipping at least 3 cups of green tea every day has been shown to be helpful in promoting weight loss, specifically belly fat.
- Cardamom – a thermogenic herb that increases metabolism and helps burn body fat. Basically it acts as a digestive aid and also has antispasmodic properties. Both these help in promoting good metabolism. Crush cardamom pods and add it to boiling water. Then put tea bags/ tea leaves along with milk and sugar and relish a healthy drink. Drink two to three cups daily in addition to your diet and exercise program for the best results.
- Ginger – helps lower and regulate cholesterol levels. Add an extra dash of this root to your rice side dishes by sprinkling grated ginger. You can also enjoy a glass of ginger lemonade. If you are going the healthy way already, spice up your sautéed veggies by adding freshly minced ginger.
- Black Pepper – piperine is the main substance in black pepper that is responsible for encourage the breakdown of fat cells. Research shows that piperine reduces fat levels in the bloodstream. Every morning, take a glass with luke warm water. Add 1 tsp of honey and 1tsp of black pepper. Add 4 tbsp of lemon juice and mix it well. Drink this mixture regularly for a remarkable change.
- Flax seed – the slimming benefits of flax seed are due to its high fiber and omega 3 fatty acid content. Simply crush flax seeds and add to foods like soups, salads, cereals, oats or chappati. Since they’re naturally bland, they won’t change the taste of your dish.
- Garlic – garlic contains a special compound called allicin. This suppresses hunger pangs and boosts metabolism. You may want to have one or two cloves of raw garlic every week to see the results.
- Honey – honey is your best friend during your dieting days. It contains different proteins and a variety of minerals essential for its metabolism and hence is helpful in preventing obesity. You can drink a glass of warm water mixed with a large spoon of honey on an empty stomach in the mornings. This will help the long time fat that has been converted into fat metabolize faster. Simply replace your sugar with honey, throughout the day. Honey being sweeter than sugar will also make you consume less of it.