Skin care does not necessarily mean expensive creams, massages and face packs. It means adopting a lifestyle that includes some effort to keep your skin healthy.
Here are some things you could do to keep your skin healthy and pampered.
- Pay regular attention to your skin. Did you know that your skin is the largest organ in your body? It is definitely your biggest asset and should be given a great deal of attention. Other than your facials and spas, you need to follow a skin care routine (cleansing-exfoliating-toning-moisturising) twice a day to keep your skin fresh and healthy. However, remember not to change your skin creams frequently. Once you find the skin care product ideal to your skin condition, stick on! It is good to get the help of a dermatologist in this matter.
- Be it summer or winter, use a sunscreen. The sun is one of the worst enemies of your skin. Since sunscreens for all skin types are available in the market, even people with oily skin need not worry much. If you run on busy schedules, ideally carry a sunscreen in your purse.
- Never use products beyond their expiry date.
- Include fruits and vegetables of all colours for their phytonutrients and antioxidants. Your skin is going to love it!
- Make friends with fibre, now! If you haven’t been fibre conscious it’s time you learnt about how fibre can help your skin. Fibre helps to delay the early signs of ageing on your skin and fights off inflammation. It also has many other health benefits to help you stay healthy!
- Eat less of Omega 6 and more of Omega 3. Omega 3 can replenish dry skin, reduce acne and premature wrinkles, and rejuvenate your skin making it soft and supple. Flax seeds and walnuts are a great choice of Omega 3 supplements for vegetarians.
- Work out for a better tomorrow. Regular exercise is very important for a toned body, good blood circulation and vibrant skin. Take an hour out of your day for physical activity.
- Moderate to zero consumption of alcohol is recommended for the sake of a glowing skin. Signs of ageing get boosted by alcohol.
- Finally, everything boils down to stress and worry. Stress is a great threat to your health, hair and skin! Exercises, yoga and meditation can keep you happy and younger.