Frozen shoulder is a condition where your shoulder becomes painful and stiff. It is also known as adhesive capsulitis. Usually, seen in the people among the age group of 40 and above.
- Some of the medical conditions like diabetes, thyroid disorder and Parkinson’s may make you more prone to frozen shoulder.
- Injury to rotator cuff of the shoulder joint.
- Immobility due to fracture, surgery or paralysis.
As per Ayurveda, frozen shoulder is caused due to vitiation of Kapha and vata dosha.
- Pain and stiffness.
- Restricted shoulder movements.
- Physiotherapy plays an important role in improving your shoulder movement.
- Application of heat therapy like ruksa swedana with pottali and lepa are effective.
- Internally, Kashyam’s like Rasna saptaka, Ashtavarga kashaya, Guggulu tiktaka kashaya, Trayodashanga guggulu, and yogaraja guggulu are beneficial.
- You can undergo panchakarma therapies like Abhyanga with Vishgarbha taila, Karpasasthyadi taila or Kottamchukkadi taila, and Nasya also.
- Avoid exposure to cold climate, breeze and AC.
- Avoid vigorous exercise, improper position during sitting and sleeping.