Miscarriage is also termed as pregnancy loss or spontaneous abortion.
It is a condition where there is an early termination of pregnancy before the 20th week. But, most of the miscarriage occurs before the 12th week of pregnancy.
Causes of miscarriage:
- Hormonal imbalance like thyroid abnormality, PCOS.
- Abnormality in the uterine cavity, retroverted uterus, cervical incompetence, molar pregnancy, etc.
- Foetal death or failure of the embryo to develop further.
- Maternal immune response.
- Uncontrolled diabetes, being overweight or underweight.
- Increased maternal age.
- Chromosomal abnormality in the foetus.
- Smoking, alcohol or drug abuse.
- Influence of certain medications and toxins.
- Trauma or accidents.
- Pain abdomen and lower back pain.
- Decreasing pregnancy signs like nausea and vomiting.
- Any type of bleeding or spotting is not a sign of abortion. Don’t panic. Most of the women who encountered vaginal bleeding during 1st trimester go on to have successful pregnancy. If you experience threatened abortion take complete bed rest, avoid vigorous exercise, traveling and other strenuous activities.
- If you are prone to repeated abortion, try avoiding consumption of papaya or pineapple more in quantity during pregnancy. As it may precipitate uterine contraction.
- Prepare and detoxify your body by undergoing panchakarma therapy before planning for pregnancy.
- Keep away from pollutants and toxins.
- Try to follow the tips mentioned in Garbha sanskara.
- Ayurvedic herbs like Shatavari, Yashtimadhu, Amalaki, Bala, Sariva, Gokshura, Ashoka, Phala sarpi, Shatavaryadi ghrita are helpful.
If you have experienced repeated abortion, you can undergo proper treatment under an eminent Ayurvedic physician to have a successful pregnancy.