Acne is not just a teenage problem. Many adults suffer from acne too. Healing from within is the best way to get rid of acne for good and keep it at bay. Therefore, including essential vitamins and minerals in your regular diet will ensure that those break outs are kept under control.
Anti Acne Foods
- Red Grapes – being a rich source of antioxidants (compounds that can significantly reduce oxidation) eat grapes regularly to fight acne. The antioxidant called resveratol present is them promotes good skin health. Try and eat them with their skin as that’s where most of the fruit’s antioxidants are found.
- Avocado – packed with with Vitamin E that is a key ingredient in fighting acne this is a must buy fruit if acne is troubling you. When eaten, they lubricate skin from within. The fat present in them is good for the skin.
- Carrots – Rich in Vitamin A in the form of beta-carotene that works against acne, carrot is the superfood for acne. Vitamin A also reduces the production of sebum by our sebaceous glands, thus preventing the formation of acne and pimples.
- Salmon – One of the best sources of anti-inflammatory Omega-3s which strengthens the skin’s lipid membrane, salmon is one of the best foods that clear up acne.
- Almonds – The antioxidant Vitamin E present in almonds helps skin heal from damage and scarring caused by acne.
Here are some recipes to treat acne from within:
3 tbsp chopped fresh basil (Tulsi)
2 medium sized carrots
½ a lemon
1 medium sized peach
Juice the ingredients in this order for a healthy drink.
2 sweet potatoes
2 medium sized carrots
½ an inch of ginger
Cinnamon for flavor
Drop these in a juicer, blend and drink for clear skin.
Grind 1 carrot, 1 green apple, 1 orange, 1 tomato and relish a yummy drink as you help your skin to be acne free.
Have you got these fruits and veggies at home?
2 carrots, 2 green apples, 1 medium-sized beetroot, ¼ lemon slice
Then simply juice them up and treat your skin with this awesome super food.
Do you love smoothies?? Then why not mix the below foods in a blender until smooth and do your skin some good.
4 celery stalks (Ajmoda)
1 bunch parsley
2 handfuls spinach
1/2 handful kale
Lemon and ginger to taste
2 fresh tomatoes
1 red pepper
Fresh basil leaves (handful)
Fresh rosemary (handful)
Slice the red pepper into 8 pieces and remove its center with the seeds. Chop the tomato in to four slices. Take a roasting pan, put a few drops of olive oil and place slices of tomato and red pepper. Also, add a few basil leaves, fresh rosemary, dried thyme and sprinkle olive oil and roast.
Once the vegetables are roasted put them into a blender along with tomato puree. Add salt and pepper as per your taste. As the soup blends, slowly add in the water until you reach your desired consistency.
As you tweak your diet, also get enough sleep, drink enough water, include physical activity in your daily routine, cleanse your face twice daily and exfoliate gently once a week.
Enjoy beautiful skin!