Anulom Vilom Pranayama calms your mind and energises your body. It also relieves high blood pressure, heart ailments, arthritis, cartilage problems, paralysis, depression, migraine pain, asthma, sinus, allergy, anxiety and fatigue.
Steps to do it:
- Sit cross-legged on a flat surface with your spine erect and close your eyes.
- Place your left hand in Chinmudra on your left knee (see picture).
- Place the index and middle finger tips at the centre of your eyebrows.
- Inhale deeply and cover your left nostril with your ring finger and exhale through your right nostril.
- Keep the left nostril covered and inhale through the right nostril.
- Use your thumb to cover your right nostril and exhale through the left nostril.
- Repeat this breathing process through one nostril and then the other with slow, deep and long breaths for 10 minutes.
- End with exhaling from the right nostril.
Pic Credit: thecompleteyoga.com