Epididymitis is an inflammatory condition of the epididymis. Epididymis is a tube like structure attached at the back of testicles which transports the sperm.
Causes of Epididymitis
- Sexually transmitted diseases like gonorrhea, etc.
- Urinary tract infection may spread to your epididymis.
- Any injury or trauma to your scrotal region.
- Back flow of urine during strenuous activities, which increases your abdominal pressure.
Signs and Symptoms of Epididymitis
- Pain during urination and sexual intercourse.
- Discomfort and pain in lower abdomen.
- Abnormal discharge through penis.
- Redness and swelling in the scrotum.
Ayurvedic Remedies for Epididymitis
Home Remedies for Epididymitis
- Take bed rest. Wear scrotum supporter.
- Avoid strenuous physical activities and sexual intercourse.
- To comfort yourself from pain, you can apply cold compress to scrotal region.
- Avoid alcohol and caffeinated drinks.
- Avoid constipation by consuming fibrous foods.
However, I would recommend to consult an Ayurvedic doctor personally and get the treatments done.