Vertigo is commonly known as dizziness or lightheadedness. Vertigo is a condition where you feel yourself spinning or you may feel the space around you is spinning.
Causes of vertigo
- A drop in blood pressure, inadequate output of blood from the heart, vestibular problems, arthritis (spondylitis), certain medications, anaemia, dehydration, anxiety disorders, migraine and stroke are some of the conditions which lead to vertigo.
- Degenerative arthritis of the cervical spine can pinch nerves resulting in neck and shoulder pain. Degenerative cervical spondylosis can result in radiating pain, localised neck pain, or pinched nerves. This kind of neck pain can also cause vertigo.
- Poor posture, trauma, muscle strain can all contribute to neck pain. Blackouts or a feeling of lightheadedness can also be symptoms of postural hypotension, which usually happens with sudden change in posture.
X-Ray or CT scan would help to reveal the exact cause or the condition of the spine. kindly consult a doctor personally and get it diagnosed.
You may try the following home remedies and ayurvedic medicines:
- Grind some almonds and mix it in a glass of milk and drink once a day on an empty stomach.
- Mix 1 tsp of coriander seeds and dried amla powder in water and let it soak overnight. In the morning, strain and drink the mixture. You can add sugar if needed. Repeat this for a few days.
- As soon as the symptoms begin take a bit of salt, black pepper and lemon juice in a glass of warm water and drink to prevent a bout of vertigo.
- You can take drakshadi kashayam.
- Aswagandha churna 1tsp with hot water or milk at bedtime.
- Balaaswagandhadi tailam or balaguluchyadi tailam can be used for head massage.
- Wheat, green gram, ginger, pepper, long pepper, sugar cane juice, milk, dates, etc., can be taken.
- Avoid oily, fried foods and curds.
- Avoid spicy food, cold beverages and also exposure to cold wind.