Stroke is also termed as Paralysis. It is a central nervous system abnormality caused due to death of brain cells. Any interruption in blood supply to the brain leads to deprivation of oxygen and causes damage to your brain cells leading to stroke.
Causes of Stroke
- High blood pressure.
- Increased cholesterol levels in your blood.
- Uncontrolled diabetes.
- Being very obese.
- Sedentary lifestyle.
- Cardiovascular diseases.
- Increased smoking and alcohol consumption.
Signs and Symptoms of Stroke
- Weakness of legs and arms.
- Difficulty in hand and leg movements.
- Disability in Vision and speech.
- Severe headache.
- Altered consciousness.
- Memory loss.
Ayurvedic Treatment for Stroke
According to ayurveda, Stroke is called as Pakshaghata. Caused due to vitiation of vata dosha, which controls the motor and sensory activities in the body.
The line of treatment is to bring back the motor and sensory functions of the brain. The internal medicines boost the blood supply and natural antioxidants increase the oxygenation to the brain, rejuvenates the brain cells and decrease the cell death.The external therapies and panchakarma improves the functioning of peripheral nervous system.The heat modalities in therapy maintains the muscle tone and reduce muscle spasm/ stiffness.
The following remedies and internal medicines are beneficial:
- You may boil 3-4 cloves of garlic in 100 ml of milk and 50 ml of water, boil till the quantity reduces to half the original quantity. This milk decoction should be taken at bedtime regularly. This remedy is beneficial to keep blood pressure as well as serum cholesterol level under control.
- Dhanadanayanadi Kashayam, Dhanwantara Kashayam, Ashtavarga Kashayam, Bala arista and Ashwagandharishta
- Ashwagandha, Bala churna
- Balaswagandhadi taila, Ksheerabala taila, Dhanvantara taila, Maha masha taila
Mahanarayana Oil to reduce vata dosha
- Best oil to reduce vata
- Strengthens bones and joints
- Acts as pain reliever
- Eases stiffness of the muscles, ligaments and tendons
- Supports easy movement of the joints
- Retards ageing
Apply to affected parts of the body 1 to 2 times per day.Heat up or warm gently in your hands and apply liberally as a massageoil. Allow to absorb into your skin for at least half an hour. Wash off ifrequired after use.
Promptly control your BP, Diabetes and attend physiotherapy sessions for speedy recovery.