Typhoid is not a modern-day disease. People in India have always referred to it as “motijhara” and “Daane wala bukhaar” in regional languages. It is a type of intestinal disease that affects the whole body. Eating contaminated food/water or being in contact with suffering patients can spread typhoid. It is commonly contracted by children and can be very dangerous if neglected.
Physical Symptoms of Typhoid
Since it is caused by a bacteria, typhoid can take up couple of weeks to show its symptoms. But by using a simple blood culture test, doctors can diagnose the disease well in time.
- Early Physical Problems
In its mild stage, typhoid can cause weakness and excessive sweating in the body. it decreases the person’s appetite and leads to discomforts in abdomen area.
- Characteristic Signs
High fever (up to 104 degrees Celsius), muscular pain, red rashes near abdomen area and persistent headache are the most common symptoms of typhoid. They are also followed by diarrhoea or constipation in some cases.
- Serious Repercussions
If typhoid is untreated for a long period of time, it can cause intestinal perforation and inflammation of internal organs like liver, lungs, heart etc.
The Ayurvedic Way to Typhoid Treatment
Ayurveda recommends a number of herbs that can help in curing typhoid. These natural products can heal patients in lesser amount of time with least chemical consumption.
It can treat typhoid produced fever, abdominal distress and loss of appetite. Patients can take one to two tablespoons mixed in warm water every day.
The One Solution: Nirogam’s Fever Kit
Nirogam’s Fever Kit is very beneficial for controlling many typhoid symptoms including high fever. It can reduce body pain, indigestion and convulsions caused by fever from the first dosage.
It contains of :
It is an herbal tonic prepared from the choicest of plants, like giloy, musta, and Bilva or “bael”. It can immediately reduce fever and increase digestive functions. It is best to consume it with warm water twice a day. Usually, 5-10 ml dosages are best suited for children and 20 ml dosage is prescribed for adults.
- Vettumaran gulika
Coming from Keralite ayurvedic practices, these tablets are emergency treatment for persistent fever. It can also cure vomiting, abdominal pain and bloating. Patients can take one to two tablets every day for healing.
Buy Nirogam’s Fever Kit here!
Typhoid Management Practices
Healing from typhoid requires strict precautions. To speed up recovery, treatment must be supplemented with a healthy diet.
- Dietary Recommendations
- Poor eating or drinking habits can complicate the condition of the patient. So, all kinds of processed, spicy and fatty foods must be avoided.
- Semi solid foods like barley water, porridge, rice gruel and softened rice with dal must be eaten.
- High fibre foods like raw vegetables and fruits must not be consumed. Pomegranate and mosambi juice are better vitamin supplements.
- Increasing intake of boiled water mixed with dry ginger powder and musta or Shandangadi churna can help.
- Daily Practices
- Cold compress with a towel is the safest way to reduce fever.
- Patient’s bed sheet, towels and clothes must be changed regularly.
- To prevent spreading of the infection, food must be served and prepared with washed hands, toilet and bathrooms must be maintained hygienically and healthy members should be kept away from the patient.
At Home Remedies for Treatment
Mild infections can be cured by consuming certain homemade foods that natural fight against typhoid causing bacteria. They can also be continued after treatment to strengthen the body’s immunity.
- Munakka Chutney
Munakka are dried grapes that are very helpful in eradicating typhoid infections from the body. Patients must eat a spoonful of 8-10 munakka’s chutney or grinded mixture made with 4-5 anjeer and 2 gms Khoob kalan twice a day.
- Khoob Kalan Decoction
For making a decoction, 15 gms munakka must be boiled in 1000 mL Khoob Kalan until its volume reduces to 300 mL. One tablespoon of this drink must be taken thrice a day.