Adenoiditis is a condition of inflamed adenoids. Adenoids are the lymphatic tissue, similar to tonsils, located in the throat behind your nose. Usually, this occurs in children more than Adults. Adenoids can be treated easily with some precaution and a proper Ayurvedic treatment.
What causes Adenoids ?
Body forms Adenoids usually as a first line of defense, against infection, bacteria and viruses.
Let’s look at the Symptoms of Adenoiditis :
- Sore throat
- Nasal sound while talking
- Difficulty in pronunciation of certain letters
- Runny nose
- Difficulty in breathing through nose
Complications of Adenoiditis are Sinusitis, Ear Infection and Chest Infections like pneumonia, etc.
We highly recommend you to get this checked up with a doctor, since there can be associated complications.
However, there is some first-aid which you can do at your home.
First-Aid for Adenoiditis :
- Golden Milk : Add a pinch of turmeric powder and black pepper powder to a glass of warm milk. Drink before going to bed. It helps to relieve congestion, reduces pain and swelling.
- Anti-Adenoid Chutney : Add few drops of lemon juice and a pinch of pepper powder to a teaspoon of honey. Give this mixture to your child at least twice a day. Honey has strong anti-inflammatory and anti-bacterial properties, which reduce the size of enlarged adenoids.
Foods to Avoid During Adenoiditis
- Avoid Acidic Food : Avoid drinks that are too acidic such as citrus juices, curds and buttermilk as these can aggravate symptoms.
- Avoid Hard and Crunchy Foods : such as chips, hard bread and nuts as these can increase the inflammation.
Ayurvedic Treatment for Adenoiditis
These ayurvedic medicines would also be beneficial:
- Koldoff tablet 2 tablets twice daily
- Kanchanar guggulu and Sitopaladi churna with honey are beneficial
Ayurvedic treatments like nasya, dhumapana, etc., are also effective. If the symptoms still persist after a couple of weeks, it is ideal to consult a doctor personally and get a thorough examination.