Tonsillitis is the inflammation of the tonsils. In rare cases, tonsilitis may be caused by bacterial infections but it is usually the result of a viral infection.
- Intake of cold foods such as ice creams, aerated drinks, cold water, and oily food should be avoided.
- Dairy products cause increase of Kapha and leads to worsening of the condition.
- Day sleep and exposure to cold breeze should also be avoided.
Home Remedies for Tonsilitis
Warm food and beverages should be taken. Intake of pomegranate, lemon, etc. is beneficial. Black pepper should also be consumed regularly.
The following home remedies would also be beneficial:
- 25 ml of lemon juice is added to 100 ml of water. Then boiled. While boiling 5 gram each of salt, pepper and turmeric powder are added. When the amount of water is reduced to 50 -60 ml , it is filtered. This is used for mouth gargling. Two to three days of gargling gives good relief from pain and swelling caused due to tonsillitis.
- Take 1 glass of hot milk, add ½ tsp turmeric powder and add ½ tsp black pepper. Mix well and drink slowly at bedtime.
- A gargle made of fenugreek seeds is also effective in case of tonsillitis.
Ayurvedic Treatment for Tonsilitis
In addition to taking the necessary precautions and the home remedies given above, these ayurvedic medicines may also be of help:
- Koldoff tablet 2 tablets twice daily.
- Jeevanamrita rasayanam ,1 tsp twice daily, after food. (for prevention)
To get more info on the ayurvedic products mentioned in this article and to buy, please click on the links below: