For knee pain, you may try the following home remedies:
- Soak sesame seeds in water and have it along with the soaked seeds. This remedy will make your joint pains infrequent.
- Roast and crush a handful of fenugreek seeds, take 2 tsp of this powder and add water to make a thick paste. Apply on the affected area
- Massage the affected areas with luke warm sesame oil or mustard oil added with powdered camphor.
- You can also fry two garlic cloves in two tablespoons of mustard or sesame oil. When the garlic cloves turn black, turn off the heat and strain the oil. Allow the oil to cool until it is comfortably warm, and then massage it into the skin around affected area. Leave it on for about three hours before washing it off. Do this twice daily until you see improvement. You may also add camphor to this oil.
For adults, the recommended daily value of vitamin D is 600 International Units (IU) or 15 micrograms (mcg). Try altering your diet a little to increase your vitamin D intake naturally. Salmon, sardines, shrimp, egg yolk, fortified milk and yogurt, cereals, orange juice are good sources of Vitamin D.
Magnesium is known to be a co-factor of vitamin D. This means that eating foods that are rich in magnesium, or taking magnesium supplements, may help your body to absorb vitamin D more efficiently. Other nutrients that are thought to help your body absorb vitamin D include:
- Boron. Foods that are rich in boron include almonds, apples, hazelnuts, dates, and avocados.
- Vitamin K. Foods that are rich in vitamin K include basil, kale, spinach, scallions, Brussels sprouts, and asparagus.
- Zinc. Foods that are rich in zinc include oysters, crab, fortified breakfast cereal, lobsters and baked beans.
- Vitamin A. Foods that are rich in vitamin A include sweet potatoes, carrots, kale, butternut squash, dried apricots, and romaine lettuce.
Avoid intake spicy,deep fried food items. Also,intake of cold food and drinks. Suppression of natural urges,night outs should also be avoided.
Ayurvedic Treatment for Knee Pain
Ayurvedic treatment procedures like Januvasti, abhyanga, patra pinda sweda, etc., are highly beneficial in treating this condition. Please consult an Ayurvedic doctor personally and get these treatments done.
Knee joint pain can occur due to arthritis, osteoarthritis, wearing off of the patella, inflammation of the cartilage and bone, anterior cruciate ligament injury. The treatment may vary depending on the root cause.
These are the medicines which are generally suggested in case of knee joint pain caused due to osteoarthritis.
- Bonton active granules.Dissolve 1 tsp of bonton granules in a glass of hot milk and consume at bed time.
- Rasnasaptakam kashayam, 2 tablets twice daily 1 hour before food.
- Joint aid oil for local application (massage)
- Zeotone capsule 1 capsule a day before food.
- Shallaki capsule, 1 capsule twice daily.
- Arthcare oil for local application(massage)
Bonton Active Granules is the unique combination of Cissus Quadrangularis, which not only builds chemical composition of bones but it has also powerful anti-osteoporotic action. Terminalia arjuna is a rich source of natural calcium and many more powerful ingredients. Bonton Active Granules helps ensure stronger bones and joints.
To get more info on, and to buy, the ayurvedic products mentioned in this article. please click the links below:
Bonton active granules