There’s almost always a way out or a solution! Ayurveda gives you a host of remedies and tips you can follow to keep the pandemic away. So here’s a list of easy, do-it-at-home remedies and tips that can help you keep your body as healthy as possible in these worrying times.
- Ginger is a huge immunity booster. Take one teaspoon each of ginger and jaggery at least twice a day.
- Add black pepper to your meals. Vegetable soups with black pepper powder twice a day can be very effective in combating viruses.
Amla increases immunity. Have a dose of one fresh Amla every morning. Alternatively, you can have a teaspoon of Amla powder or 1 Amla capsule every day.
Turmeric milk increases Ojas and immunity. This drink can be taken every night before bedtime. All you need to do is add a teaspoon of pure turmeric powder to a cup of milk.
- 3 drops of Anu thailam applied inside each nostril morning and evening cleanses and nourishes the sense organs. If you don't have Anu thailam, pure Cow’s ghee has the same benefits.
Guduchi is a herb for seasonal fevers. It is also an extremely rejuvenative herb. 1 teaspoon Guduchi powder taken along with a glass of milk in the mornings can be very beneficial.
- Rasayana preparations like Chyavanaprash and Dasamoola Rasayanam increase cellular functions and promote immunity. 1 teaspoon of Dasamoola Rasayan with warm water at bedtime will keep you healthy.
- A good night’s sleep of 7-8 hours can help the body heal and repair itself. It equips the body with the capacity to keep fighting infections.
- Yoga asanas like Surya Namaskar are widely known to promote immunity. Following a regular yoga regime can keep your body toned and all its functions in order.
- A combination of dry ginger, black pepper and long pepper taken with honey any time of the day promotes immunity and fights respiratory infections. This formula is called Trikatu Churna and 3-6 gms of it per day can keep you fighting fit.
Suvarnaprashan is an excellent immunity booster for children right from the age of 0 to 16 years. Here’s the dose:
- Proper digestion is essential to improve immunity. Boil a couple of teaspoons of cumin seeds and 1 inch grated ginger / 2 teaspoons dried ginger, in 2 litres of water and sip during the day time.
Neem has proven Anti Bacterial, Anti Parasitic, Anti Fungal, Anti Viral and Anti Inflammatory properties. 1 to 2 tablets of Neem tablets every day on an empty stomach can detoxify and purify the blood. It is an excellent defence for infections and viruses.
Taking care of what you eat can win you half the battle. Ayurveda in particular believes that what you put in your stomach is what will decide how your body reacts. Here are some things you can do to make sure you’re eating right.
- Eat lots of fresh fruits, vegetables and drink fresh juices
- Avoid hot and spicy food. Don’t complicate grains and pulses with spices and flavours. Keep it simple.
- Cut down on fried food or processed and packed ingredients.
- Stick to warm food and drinks. Avoid cold food and beverages.
Nirogam’s immunity booster pack is just what you need to bolster your defences. It is an easy option to improve your immunity naturally. With no side effects, this pack contains a potent combination of Pure Amla, Pure Neem and Guduchi all of which are in an easy-to-consume tablet form! The combo helps protect you from infections, bacteria, and viruses. Antioxidant-rich, Anti-inflammatory, Anti-fungal, Anti-viral and Anti-allergic, THIS KIT HAS IT ALL.