Skin cancer is one of the most common types of cancer. As per American Academy of Dermatology skin cancer is the most common type of cancer in America. The most commonly observed forms of skin cancer are basal cell carcinoma and squamous cell carcinoma. The cause of these two forms of cancer is excessive exposure to the rays of the sun. The treatment of skin cancer involves removing cancerous skin using anesthetics. Skin cancer in the advanced stages may require chemotherapy or radiotherapy and advanced surgery.
There are herbs available to us which has anti cancerous properties and helps in fast-tracking the treatment of skin cancer. However, one must not rely on herbal cure alone, one needs to consult a medical practitioner and take required treatment along with herbal aid. Also, consult your doctor about the herbal supplement you wish to take so that it does not interfere with your medical treatment.
Natural and Holistic Skin Cancer Healing
A good nutritious diet is a Holistic Skin Cancer Cure together with an active and healthy lifestyle that helps in speeding up the healing process. Have more leafy green vegetables and cruciferous vegetables. Cruciferous vegetables have cancer fighting abilities. One must also have plenty of carrots and sweet potatoes as they are rich in beta carotene.
Many studies and personal experiences have shown that several herbs are holistic skin cancer cure that have cancer fighting properties and helps in speeding up the healing process.
Herbal Adjuvants for Skin Cancer Healing
1. Turmeric: Turmeric is one herb or spice which has been used in the herbal medicine since many centuries. The mention of turmeric is found in the ancient Ayurvedic medicines and it is known to have many beneficial properties. Turmeric has curcumin which is a potent antioxidant that helps in stopping the cancerous growth. Mix turmeric with water to make a thick paste and apply on the affected area for about twenty minutes. The intake of turmeric is also found to be effective in perking immunity against all diseases.
2. Ginkgo Biloba: An article published in Journal of Food science in the issue of January 2008 revealed that Ginkgo Biloba has anti cancer properties that make it a holistic skin cancer cure. Ginkgo Biloba herb is available in many forms like tablets and extracts. This holistic skin cancer cure must be taken under the guidance of a herbal expert and your physician. The seeds of Ginkgo Biloba must not be consumed raw. Ginkgo Biloba may cause some side effects like headache, nauseous tendencies, and mild gastrointestinal troubles. Some people may also experience giddiness. Ginkgo Biloba must not be taken by those suffering from blood disorders as it increases the risk of excessive bleeding.
3. Green Tea: Green tea is now a popular source of antioxidants. An article printed in Archives and Biochemistry and Biophysics issue of November 2010 reported that green tea improves DNA repair and may prevent non-melanoma skin cancer. This holistic skin cancer cure has many other health benefits and having two cups will only improve your health and aid healing skin cancer.
4. Flaxseeds: Flax seed powder and flax seed oil has already found a significant place in many cuisines. Flaxseeds have fiber, lignans, micronutrients as well as omega 3 fatty acids. Lignans helps in stopping the spread of cancerous cells. See more at cancer.org
5. Astragalus: This holistic skin cancer cure improves the immunity and helps in fighting the cancerous cells in the body. It is a Chinese medicinal root which can act as a general health tonic. Read more about this herb at Webmd.com.
6. Milk Thistle: A chemical called silibinin found in milk thistle helps in protecting the body against the harmful effects of ultraviolet rays. It functions as an antioxidant, promotes detoxification of the body and may even help enhance the effect of chemotherapy when used as an adjuvant agent. Read cancer.gov.
Always use herbal supplements with the consent of your doctor.
At Nirogam we make sure to give our readers professionally verified information that they can trust with their eyes closed. All our content is backed by studies and academic research from medical institutions & associations. Our editorial policy will give you more information about how we verify our content’s authenticity & accuracy.