Calluses are the thickened skin occurring due to the accumulation of dead skin.Causes of Calluses
- Repeated friction.
- Wearing ill-fitting shoes.
- Not using socks before wearing shoes.
- Walking barefoot on a hard surface.
- Flat feet or high arched feet.
- Being overweight.
Symptoms of Calluses
- Stone hard bump on your feet.
- Pain and tenderness.
- Dry and scaling skin.
Home Remedies for Calluses
- Soak your feet regularly in warm water added with Epsom salt. This will soften your calluses and reduces the pain.
- Scrub with a pumice stone or nail filer daily.
- Try to trim off the extra dead skin cautiously.
- Moisturise your skin with moisturiser or oil daily.
- Apply Aloe vera lotion mixed with turmeric or yashtimadhu churna.
- Wear properly fitting shoes with supporting pad and socks.
- Tie a bandage with lemon peel on the affected area and leave it overnight. Do it regularly till the calluses disappear.
- Apply mustard oil or kasisadi taila or tea tree oil on affected area regularly till the calluses vanish.
f you are diabetic, you need to be more cautious in trying home remedies to prevent infection.
In Ayurveda, there are treatment procedures like Agni karma and Kshara karma which gives a permanent solution for calluses.