Calluses are the thickened skin occurring due to the accumulation of dead skin.
Causes of Calluses
- Repeated friction.
- Wearing ill-fitting shoes.
- Not using socks before wearing shoes.
- Walking barefoot on a hard surface.
- Flat feet or high arched feet.
- Being overweight.
Symptoms of Calluses
- Stone hard bump on your feet.
- Pain and tenderness.
- Dry and scaling skin.
Home Remedies for Calluses
- Soak your feet regularly in warm water added with Epsom salt. This will soften your calluses and reduces the pain.
- Scrub with a pumice stone or nail filer daily.
- Try to trim off the extra dead skin cautiously.
- Moisturise your skin with moisturiser or oil daily.
- Apply Aloe vera lotion mixed with turmeric or yashtimadhu churna.
- Wear properly fitting shoes with supporting pad and socks.
- Tie a bandage with lemon peel on the affected area and leave it overnight. Do it regularly till the calluses disappear.
- Apply mustard oil or kasisadi taila or tea tree oil on affected area regularly till the calluses vanish.
f you are diabetic, you need to be more cautious in trying home remedies to prevent infection.
In Ayurveda, there are treatment procedures like Agni karma and Kshara karma which gives a permanent solution for calluses.
At Nirogam we make sure to give our readers professionally verified information that they can trust with their eyes closed. All our content is backed by studies and academic research from medical institutions & associations. Our editorial policy will give you more information about how we verify our content’s authenticity & accuracy.