Stenosis is the medical term used to denote narrowing of an anatomical space. Lumbar canal stenosis is a condition where there is narrowing of space in your lumbar vertebrae (lower back), which exerts pressure on your spinal cord and nerves.Causes of Lumbar Canal Stenosis
Symptoms of Lumbar Canal Stenosis
- Bulging or herniation of intervertebral disc.
- Accidents leading to spinal injuries.
- Bony spur due to osteoarthritis, bone tuberculosis, etc.
Diagnosis of Lumbar Canal Stenosis
- Abnormal sensations like tingling/ pricking/ numbness
- Loss of bladder and bowel control
- Weakness of legs
- Difficulty in walking
- Dislocation of vertebral bones
X-ray, CT and MRI will confirm the diagnosis.Ayurvedic Remedies for Lumbar Canal Stenosis
The following Ayurvedic medicines are generally suggested in case of lumbar canal stenosis:
These medicines should be taken for 2-3 months. This condition is better managed with Ayurvedic external treatment procedures like kati vasti, abhyanga, swedana(fomentation), application of herbal paste etc. Panchakarma procedures like vasti(enema) is also highly beneficial.Lumbaton for Lumbar Support, Sciatica & Lower Back Pain
Mode of action:
- Lumbaton halts the degeneration.
- Lumbaton rehabilitates the spinal muscles.
- Lumbaton improves the ability of the disc to expand.
- Lumbaton restores mobility.
1 tablet after meals with warm water.
Dos and Don’ts
- Avoid spicy ,deep fried and refrigerated foods.
- Avoid Standing or sitting for prolonged duration
- Avoid night outs and suppression of natural urges.
- Do exercise under proper guidance.
- Lose some weight so that it reduces stress on your back.