Stenosis is the medical term used to denote narrowing of an anatomical space. Lumbar canal stenosis is a condition where there is narrowing of space in your lumbar vertebrae (lower back), which exerts pressure on your spinal cord and nerves.
Causes of Lumbar Canal Stenosis
- Bulging or herniation of intervertebral disc.
- Accidents leading to spinal injuries.
- Bony spur due to osteoarthritis, bone tuberculosis, etc.
Symptoms of Lumbar Canal Stenosis
- Abnormal sensations like tingling/ pricking/ numbness
- Loss of bladder and bowel control
- Weakness of legs
- Difficulty in walking
- Dislocation of vertebral bones
Diagnosis of Lumbar Canal Stenosis
X-ray, CT and MRI will confirm the diagnosis.
Ayurvedic Remedies for Lumbar Canal Stenosis
The following Ayurvedic medicines are generally suggested in case of lumbar canal stenosis:
- Boil 3-4 cloves of garlic in 100ml of milk diluted with 100 ml of water till only 100ml remains. This milk decoction should be taken at bedtime.
- Varanadi Kashayam, Ashtavarga Kashayam and Maharasnadi Kashayam
- Lumbaton soft gel capsules
Lumbaton for Lumbar Support, Sciatica & Lower Back Pain
Mode of action:
- Lumbaton halts the degeneration.
- Lumbaton rehabilitates the spinal muscles.
- Lumbaton improves the ability of the disc to expand.
- Lumbaton restores mobility.
Dosage: 1 tablet after meals with warm water.
Dos and Don’ts
- Avoid spicy ,deep fried and refrigerated foods.
- Avoid Standing or sitting for prolonged duration
- Avoid night outs and suppression of natural urges.
- Do exercise under proper guidance.
- Lose some weight so that it reduces stress on your back.
At Nirogam we make sure to give our readers professionally verified information that they can trust with their eyes closed. All our content is backed by studies and academic research from medical institutions & associations. Our editorial policy will give you more information about how we verify our content’s authenticity & accuracy.