Dec 02 , 2018
Stay Safe Stay Herpes-Free
Ayurvedic Medicine for Herpes: They say diamonds are forever and so is herpes! Nope it isn’t the name for another Greek God, it’s a sexually transmitted disease caused by the Herpes Simplex Virus (HSV).
Though difficult to cure, it is definitely treatable but first you need to know how you can catch it. If you have any of the following you could very well be at risk of landing in big trouble:
- Multiple sexual partners
- Unprotected sex
- HIV or other diseases that weaken the immune system
- Vaginal secretions and semen
How do you know you have Genital Herpes?
Symptoms are not always obvious in the initial stages. They usually start showing up between 10 to 30 days after exposure to the virus.
- Red or whitish painful blisters in the genital or anal region
- Blisters breaking or bursting open to exude a highly contagious fluid
- Sores or ulcers which later form a crust
- Itching around the blisters
- Enlargement of lymph nodes (small glands) in the genital area
- Flu-like symptoms including unease, fatigue, headache and irritation
- Cold sores at the corners of the mouth and other areas where the virus has come in contact with the skin
The Herpes Simplex Virus or HSV enters the body through the mucus membranes of the genitals, mouth or nose and establishes itself in the nerve cells of the pelvis. It then starts rapidly multiplying and is very resistant to treatment.
How does Ayurveda deal with Genital Herpes?
Fortunately Ayurvedic medicine for herpes exists. In Ayurveda genital herpes comes under the category of Aupasargika Rogas or infectious diseases. The diagnosis is based on the symptoms and especially the colour and the nature of the blisters.
It is very apparent that Vata is predominant if the blisters look dark or grey and are dry.
If Pitta is predominant the blisters are copper or reddish coloured, look moist and tend to fester and ooze.
Similarly if Kapha is the predominant dosha, the blisters look pale or whitish, ooze fluids, are very itchy and cause a dull pain.
It Doesn’t Stop There!
Genital herpes can cause serious complications to make matters worse. To drive home the point, here are just a couple of grave problems that can arise.
- Infection passed on from mother to newborn during childbirth can cause blindness, brain damage and even death of the child.
- The infection can spread to the bladder or rectum and in advanced stages may reach the brain and spinal cord through the cerebrospinal fluid (fluid found in the brain and spinal cord).
Now that we know that it can’t be taken lightly let’s look at the more important matter of what can be done about it. Ayurvedic herpes treatment is the best long term solution for all who suffer from frequent bouts of herpes.
Ayurvedic Medicine for Herpes
Ayurvedic medicine for herpes suggests some very specific and effective formulations for genital herpes that can help alleviate the symptoms and the disease. Herpes ayurvedic treatment taken regularly in the stipulated doses genital herpes can be treated and further complications avoided. Here’s what you need to take:
1. Kaisora Guggulu: 1 tablet thrice a day after meals
2. Aragwadhadi Kashayam: Tablets. 2 tablets 30 minutes before breakfast and dinner
3. Viroquit: 2 tablets twice a day after meals
4. Triphala Churna: Add water to make a paste and apply over blisters and lesions.
To make it easier, Nirogam has introduced an Ayurvedic Herpes Kit that contains all 4 of the above. It is a comprehensive Ayurvedic herpes treatment which will reduce the lesions, relieve the symptoms of fever, flu and general unease and at the same time boost immunity. To buy your kit today click here.
Try these Home Remedies
Home remedies are easy to implement and you usually don’t need any special ingredients. Here are some quick fixes that can help you relieve the discomfort and start the healing process.
- Boil a handful of chopped neem leaves, a tsp of Triphala powder and a pinch of turmeric in 3 litres of water. Strain and use the warm water to wash the genital sores. This will prevent further infection and promote healing.
- For incessant itching apply a tea bag dipped in water over the sore. The tannic acid in the tea will relieve the itch of the ulcer.
It would be well not to aggravate the condition by doing things that you shouldn’t be doing. Take care of these.
- Stay away from sour, fermented and salty foods
- Avoid strenuous exercise and exposure to the heat and sunlight
- Pass up curd, horse gram, sesame, capsicum, green chillies and pickles. All of them could make it worse.
- Eat more bitter vegetables like different kinds of gourds. Raisins, pomegranates and dates are also good for treating herpes.
- Avoid physical contact with others so as not to pass on the infection. Take extra care of your personal hygiene.
- If you’re pregnant, make sure your obstetrician knows about your infection so that you can prevent spreading it to the baby.
When your partner asks you for a gift that will last forever, make sure that it isn’t genital herpes.
Health and happiness go hand in hand, do your best to pursue both with equal fervor.