Neck and shoulder pain are caused by various reasons:
Signs and Symptoms of Neck and Shoulder Pain
- Muscle strain due to prolonged working in front of computer.
- Overuse of mobile and other electronic gadgets.
- Reading in lying position.
- Degenerative joints.
- Improper sitting or sleeping posture.
- Carrying heavy weights.
- Cervical spondylosis.
- Rheumatoid or Osteoarthritis or Extra bony growth (spur).
- Frozen shoulder.
- Nerve compression due to tumor or disc herniation.
- Trauma or injury.
- Other ailments like Heart attack, Cancer, Gallstones, Meningitis, etc.
- There may be constant pain or pain increases after physical activities.
- Radiating pain from neck to shoulders or to hands.
- Abnormal sensation like pricking, tingling or numbness.
- Pain may be associated with dizziness or vertigo.
- Loss of muscle strength.
- Associated pain like headache or chest pain.
- Disability to do fine hand work like sewing, painting, etc.
An X-Ray or CT scan, Blood tests and Physical examination will help to find out the exact cause.
Ayurvedic Medicine for Neck and Shoulder Pain
Cervilon is effective in treating neck pain, Upper back pain, knee pain, shoulder pain, fibromyalgia, osteoarthritis, Cervical spondylosis, stiffness, tingling & numbness. The Cervilon Soft Gel Capsules are considered the first choice in cervical spinal problems.
Cervilon for Fibromyalgia, Cervical Spondylosis, Upper Back Pain
- Corrects the dehydration of the intervertebral disks
- Arrests the degenerative changes of the cervical spine
- Strengthen the para-vertebral muscles of the neck
- Relieves myo-fascial spasm
- Provides mild anti-inflammatory action
1 capsule, thrice a day after meals with warm water.
Selection of medicines depend on the root cause. Along with medications few Ayurvedic procedures can be done: Nasya, Abhyanga, Patra pinda sveda, Kukkutanda twak sweda, Upanaha, Lepa, and Greeva basti.
Dos and Don’ts
- Include Turmeric, Garlic, Ginger, Sesame seeds in your diet.
- Avoid curds, oily, spicy,cold and refrigerated foods.
- Avoid alcoholic beverages and smoking.
- Regularly do exercises to strengthen your shoulder and neck muscles.
- Maintain good posture while working.
- Avoid carrying heavy weights, instead use trolley bag.
- Use appropriate pillow and sleep in good position.
- Use headphones instead of holding phone between your ear and shoulder.