Neck and shoulder pain are caused by various reasons:
- Muscle strain due to prolonged working in front of computer.
- Overuse of mobile and other electronic gadgets.
- Reading in lying position.
- Degenerative joints.
- Improper sitting or sleeping posture.
- Carrying heavy weights.
- Cervical spondylosis.
- Rheumatoid or Osteoarthritis or Extra bony growth (spur).
- Frozen shoulder.
- Nerve compression due to tumor or disc herniation.
- Trauma or injury.
- Other ailments like Heart attack, Cancer, Gallstones, Meningitis, etc.
Signs and Symptoms of Neck and Shoulder Pain
- There may be constant pain or pain increases after physical activities.
- Radiating pain from neck to shoulders or to hands.
- Abnormal sensation like pricking, tingling or numbness.
- Pain may be associated with dizziness or vertigo.
- Loss of muscle strength.
- Associated pain like headache or chest pain.
- Disability to do fine hand work like sewing, painting, etc.
“No-Pain Kit” for Joint Pains, Fibromyalgia, Muscular Back Pain, and Cervical Spondylosis
- Reduces muscle spams and inflammatory of the back, neck and shoulder region
- Gives relief from Cervical pain
- Pacifies excess vata
- Arrests the degenerative changes of the cervical spine
- Strengthen the para-vertebral muscles of the neck
1. Prasarinyadi kashayam – 15ml+60ml warm water, twice daily one hour before food.
2.Cervilon capsules – 1 capsule thrice a day after food.
3. Karpasathyadi thailam – for external application. Heat up or warm gently in your hands and apply liberally as massage oil. Allow to absorb into your skin for at least half an hour. Wash off with hot water if required after use.
Selection of medicines depend on the root cause. Along with medications few Ayurvedic procedures can be done: Nasya, Abhyanga, Patra pinda sveda, Kukkutanda twak sweda, Upanaha, Lepa, and Greeva basti.
Dos and Don’ts
- Include Turmeric, Garlic, Ginger, Sesame seeds in your diet.
- Avoid curds, oily, spicy,cold and refrigerated foods.
- Avoid alcoholic beverages and smoking.
- Regularly do exercises to strengthen your shoulder and neck muscles.
- Maintain good posture while working.
- Avoid carrying heavy weights, instead use trolley bag.
- Use appropriate pillow and sleep in good position.
- Use headphones instead of holding phone between your ear and shoulder.
At Nirogam we make sure to give our readers professionally verified information that they can trust with their eyes closed. All our content is backed by studies and academic research from medical institutions & associations. Our editorial policy will give you more information about how we verify our content’s authenticity & accuracy.