Ayurvedic Treatment and Home Remedies for Peptic Ulcers
Peptic ulcers are the erosion or sores, which occurs in the stomach wall, lower part of oesophagus and upper part of the duodenum.
Bacterial infection and few medications like NSAIDs are the main cause for peptic ulcers. Smoking, alcohol consumption, intake of excessively spicy foods, green chilly, deep fried oily stuffs, irregular food habits can precipitate peptic ulcers.
Signs and Symptoms of Peptic Ulcers
- Burning sensation in upper part of stomach and chest region.
- Pain and discomfort
- Nausea or vomiting
- Internal bleeding, which results in black stools or blood in the vomitus
- Weight loss
Home Remedies for Peptic Ulcers
- The following home remedies would be beneficial in the management of peptic ulcers:
- Aloe Vera is a great medicine that can cure stomach ulcers. You can either consume the Aloe vera gel directly from the plant (without latex) or by preparing juice from fresh Aloe Vera.
- Take about 1 teaspoon of honey once a day. Honey has natural healing and curative property of stomach ulcers.
- Vitamin K is greatly beneficial for treating ulcers. It prevents bleeding from ulcers. Deficiency in Vitamin K can cause bleeding from the ulcers leading to anaemia. Eat foods that are rich in Vitamin K like Egg yolk, green leafy vegetables, cheese, tomatoes, etc.
- Barley water, watermelon and peach can be included in your diet.
- Boil 1 cup of fenugreek leaves and add a pinch of salt to it. Drink this twice a day.
- Reducing stress and anxiety also helps in fast healing. Meditation, yoga and massages are useful in reducing stress.
- Few Ayurvedic medicines like yashtimadhu churna, avipattikar churna Avoid smoking and alcohol and consume healthy food rich in vegetables, fruits and whole grains.
- Relieves acidity and gastritis.
- A powerful antacid
- Anti spasmodic
- Appetite and digestive stimulant
Dosage and Method of administration:
Avipattikar Powder: 3-6 gms with warm water before going to bed in the night.
Shankha bhasma: 125 mg with water/milk/honey twice or thrice a day.
At Nirogam we make sure to give our readers professionally verified information that they can trust with their eyes closed. All our content is backed by studies and academic research from medical institutions & associations. Our editorial policy will give you more information about how we verify our content’s authenticity & accuracy.