You have no items in your shopping cart.
Skip to content
Cholelithiasis is the medical term used for gall stones. Gallstones are formed due to condensation of digestive juice (bile) secreted by liver. These stones remain silent without causing any symptoms. When the stones obstruct the passage of bile juice, there will be symptoms of Cholelithiasis.
Gall bladder is a small organ adjoining the liver on the right upper quadrant of the abdomen. The main function of the gall bladder is storage and concentration of bile. The possibility of stones in the gall bladder can be due to the following pathologies:
1. Cholesterol: When the cholesterol saturation in the bile is high, the cholesterol gets hardened and forms as a stone blocking the duct. These stones are yellowish in colour.
2. Bilirubin: Bilirubin is a compound secreted by the liver for degeneration of the old RBC’s. In some cases, if the liver function is poor, bilirubin gets excessively secreted leading to hardening and stone formation. These are pigment stones that are dark brown or red in colour.
3. Concentrated bile: When the bile is not poured in to the intestine at proper intervals, it gets stored and saturated which leads to the formation of stones in the gallbladder.
The problem arises when the stone blocks the pathway of bile flow into the intestines and causes various symptoms.
If there are many stones with obstruction, surgical removal is mandatory. There are ayurvedic treatments for the treatment of gallbladder stones.
In Ayurveda, following are the medicines suggested for gallstones:
Diagnosed as Pittashmari in Ayurveda, Every patient requires individual medical attention and same medicines might not work for all.
Yoga postures helps in emptying the gall bladder and then wards off the stones. The following Yoga postures are beneficial for Gallbladder stones:
1. Include horse gram, radish,bottle gourd, gooseberry, pomegranate, grapes, raisins, coconut water in your diet.
2. Take diet rich in fibre.
3. Avoid heavy, oily, deep fried, fat rich foods.
4. Minimise salt intake.
You have no items in wishlist.