High blood pressure is a very common ailment. One out of every four persons suffers from hypertension.
The pressure exerted by the blood on the walls of the blood vessels in blood pressure. You suffer from hypertension or high blood pressure when your heart has to work aggressively to pump blood.
The healthy level of blood pressure is 120/80 mmHg. This level fluctuates a little throughout the day depending on the physical and emotional conditions. You have to be cautious if the level reaches 130/80 mmHg. And if the level reaches 140/90 mmHg then it is known as hypertension.
According to Ayurveda, high blood pressure is caused by the breakdown of the Doshas which leads to an imbalance in the Vata Dosha. Ayurveda intends to remove any sickness from the root by first correcting the Dosha imbalance. The following Ayurvedic methods and tips will help you cure high blood pressure problem from the root and enjoy a healthier life.
- You must consult an Ayurvedic expert to restore the balance of Vata, Kapha and Pitta Doshas in your body. You can also find out your dominant Dosha by using this Dosha Calculator. Once you know your Dosha you can make diet and lifestyle changes to restore the balance in your Doshas.
- Try to avoid salt, fats, eggs and meat from your everyday diet. Switch to a vegetarian diet and try to include garlic, green leafy vegetables and celery in your food. Have fruits like watermelon. You can have clarified butter or ghee as fat in your diet. Do not have caffeinated drinks or tobacco. Also, you must exercise every day for faster cure.
- You can have Ayurvedic herbs supporting your Dosha type to restore the balance.
For Vata you can have sarpagandha and jatamansi.
For Pitta you can have sandalwood and sarsaparilla.
For Kapha you can have Arjuna.
These above herbs are available in the form of powder and herbal capsules.
- Mix garlic paste in buttermilk properly and have this every day.
- You can also mix honey with fresh lemon juice and drink this every morning.
- Mix one or two teaspoon of powdered cumin and fennel in a glass of water and drink this mix twice in a day.
- You must do breathing exercises or Pranayama every day in the morning. Breathing exercises are known to reduce high blood pressure, stress and nervousness. Many people have cure their hypertension with breathing exercises.
- Everyday practice of meditation and yoga is extremely beneficial in controlling blood pressure. The Savasana (Corpse Pose) yogic posture is helpful in stabilizing blood pressure. In this pose you can concentrate on your breath or you can chant a mantra to focus your attention.
- Ama and toxins in the body are bad for your health, hence, you must try to rid your body from ama and toxins. The Ayurvedic panchkarma kriya will help you detoxify your body and removal of ama. The Ayurvedic massage with Ayurvedic oils called abhyanga helps in improving the blood circulation.
How to prevent High Blood Pressure:
- Have fibrous foods everyday
- Avoid processed foods.
- Have more fruits and vegetables, pulses and cereal, rice and wheat.
- Avoid alcoholic beverages and tobacco products.
- Exercise regularly for at least thirty minutes in a day.
- Practise yogic kriyas for good health.
Ayurvedic Medicine For High Blood Pressure
Ivy's Mukta Vati is an all-natural Ayurvedic blood pressure medicine to reduce hypertension and high blood pressure symptoms. It also purifies the blood and protects the heart and liver.
Ayurvedic herbs provide the body with antioxidants, reduce high blood pressure by relieving stress, protect vital organs like the heart and the liver, reduce angina, and sooth the body.
- Regulate High Blood Pressure
- Reduce Inflammation in the Body
- Protect the Heart
- Improve Memory
- Protect the Liver
- Purify Blood
- Relieve Stress and Anxiety
- Treat Insomnia
- Recharge the Mind
- If your BP is greater than 160/100 mmHg , you should take 2 tabs twice a day.
- If your BP is 150/90 mmHg, take 2 tabs twice a day.
- If your BP is 140/90 mmHg or your blood pressure rises occasionally, you can take 1 tab twice a day.
Consult With Our Doctor To Know How You Can Control Blood Pressure Better.