Tinea versicolor and ringworm infection are two common fungal infection types affecting the skin.
Common Signs and Symptoms of Fungal Infection
- Scaling or flaking of skin.
- Reddish discolouration in ringworm.
- Dark or light discolouration in tinea versicolor.
Common Causes Of Fungal Infection
- Ringworm is contagious. It spreads from infected person or animal.
- Hot and humid climate.
- Low immunity.
- Hormonal variations.
Kapha dosha would be the predominant dosha in most of the fungal infections. Hence, medicines and diet to balance the body doshas should be maintained for certain period.
Ayurvedic Medicines for Treating Fungal Infection
- Gulgulutiktaka kashayam
- Kaisora Guggulu
- Khadir capsules
- Raz oil for local application.
Benefits of Ayurvedic Treatments
- Useful in health conditions involving joints, skin.
- It promotes natural wound healing and helps in quick and early wound healing in diabetics.
- It improves digestion.
- It is also useful in inflammatory conditions.
- Inflammatory Arthritis.
We recommend consulting with our doctor to get the right medicines for your condition.
At Nirogam we make sure to give our readers professionally verified information that they can trust with their eyes closed. All our content is backed by studies and academic research from medical institutions & associations. Our editorial policy will give you more information about how we verify our content’s authenticity & accuracy.