Joint pain is a condition where you feel pain or any sort of discomfort in your joint/joints. It may be of short duration or a lifetime disorder.
Causes of Joint Pain
- Rheumatoid arthritis.
- Trauma or fracture.
- Gout or pseudogout.
- Disc or cartilage degeneration.
- Bone cancer.
- Hormonal imbalance like hypothyroidism, etc.
Home Remedies for Joint Pain
You may try the following home remedies which would give you relief from joint pain:
- Roast and crush a handful of fenugreek seeds, take 2 tsp of this powder and add warm water to make a thick paste. Apply on the affected area.
- Massage the affected areas with lukewarm sesame oil or mustard oil added with powdered camphor.
- You can also fry two garlic cloves in two tablespoons of mustard or sesame oil. When the garlic cloves turn black, turn off the heat and strain the oil. Allow the oil to become comfortably warm and then massage on affected area. Leave it on for about three hours before washing it off. Do this twice daily until you see improvement.
- Soak a fistful of sesame seeds in water overnight. Next day in empty stomach drink the soaked water and chew the seeds.
- Have 1 tsp of amla powder mixed with honey ,twice daily, after food to boost your immune system.
- You may take an ounce of aloe vera juice daily,before food.
- Chew guduchi leaves or kashayam regularly.
- Include lots of garlic, fenugreek, fennel, cumin seeds and asafoetida in diet.
- To improve your bone health, expose yourself to sunlight to improve your Vitamin D. Drink sufficient quantity of milk and include appropriate amount of ghee, almonds, sesame seed, etc.
- Minimise the intake of salt, pickles, preserved foods and caffeinated drinks.
- Avoid smoking and alcohol consumption.
- Do regular oil massage, physical exercise, walking and yogasanas to strengthen your muscles and joints.
- If you are overweight, reduce weight to reduce the stress on your joints.
Ayurvedic Treatment for Relief from Joint Pain
If you are looking for Ayurvedic medicines to manage joint pain and stiffness, the following medicines are beneficial:
- Rasnadi Kashayam, Rasnasaptakam Kashayam, Maharasnadi Kashayam, Ashtavargam Kashayam, Guluchyadi kashayam, etc
- Arthcare oil, Mahanarayana taila, Sesame oil, Ksheerabala taila, Gandha taila, etc
- Boswellia capsule, Zeotone capsules, Arthonil capsules, Gout gone, Guggulu, Kaishora guggulu, Lakshadi guggulu, Yogaraja guggulu, Bonton capsule, Bonton granules
Selection of medicine depends upon the type and cause of Joint disorder.Early intervention can prevent Joint deformities. You can email our Ayurvedic physician for further guidance: [email protected]
At Nirogam we make sure to give our readers professionally verified information that they can trust with their eyes closed. All our content is backed by studies and academic research from medical institutions & associations. Our editorial policy will give you more information about how we verify our content’s authenticity & accuracy.