Apr 02 , 2019
Pimples are the most common skin disease medically termed as Acne vulgaris.
Common causes for Pimples
- Bacterial infection.
- Hormonal variations.
- Consumption of more chocolates, oily and junk foods rich in carbohydrates.
- Emotional stress.
- Improper use of cosmetics, repeated scrubbing and using harsh cleanser/soap/face wash.
- Poor skin care.
- Dandruff also precipitates pimples.
- Exposure to dust and pollutants.
- Hot climate.
- Certain medications.
- Red rashes varying in size and filled with pus.
- Itching or skin irritation.
- Hyperpigmentation or scars or pitting.
- Appearance of more white and blackheads.
Ayurvedic Management of Pimples
- Internal medications like Nimbadi Kashayam, Thikthakam Kashayam, Patolakaturohinyadi Kashayam, Manjishtadi Kashayam, and Panchatiktam Kashayam
- Neem , Gynaeven, Kaisora Guggulu, Triphala Powder.
- Single herbs like Guduchi, Haridra, Vacha, etc are beneficial
Home Remedies for Pimples
- Make a paste of dried neem leaves with pinch of turmeric and water. Apply on affected area, wash after 15 minutes.
- Reduce the consumption of milk and avoid milk products.
- Replace tea and coffee with green tea. Drink sufficient water.
- Avoid deep fried oily and junk foods. Include more vegetables and fruits in your diet.
- Avoid repeated scrubbing and washing your face.
- Avoid picking or opening the pimples to prevent scarring and pitting.
- Keep your hair clean. Wash on alternate days.
- Wash your face twice daily with mild cleanser.
- Use oil free makeup.
- Manage stress by Yoga, Mediation and having good sleep.
Kaircin – Ayurvedic facial oil
- Prevents pimples, pigmentation scars and wrinkles.
- Contains anti -ageing properties.
- Reduces stretch marks and dark circles.
- Nourishes and tones the skin.
Apply 5 drops of oil on face and neck before sleeping in a circular motion. Retain for 30 minutes and wash with lukewarm water. Best results when applied daily.