Blemishes are the small dark spots/patches occurring on your face after an acne burst out. Blemishes makes your face dull and decreases your complexion too. We have come up with a set of home remedies for blemishes that would help you in getting flawless skin. This also applies to acne scars, spots etc on the skin.
Home Remedies for Blemishes
You can try the following remedies to get flawless skin:
- Apply almonds which have been soaked in milk overnight. Grind them well and apply on your face. Wash off after 20 minutes. This home remedy is a great help for treating pigmentation marks.
- Combine sandalwood with rose water/milk and apply on the blemishes/spots.Wash off once it is dry.
- Potato juice has skin lightening properties. You may rub potato juice over the affected areas daily.
- Mix nutmeg powder in milk and apply it on the affected area.
- You can try applying Cucumber juice mixed with lime juice.
- Regular application of aloe vera pulp with pinch of turmeric is also beneficial.
- You may also apply vitamin E oil over the affected areas at night.
Ayurvedic Treatment for Acne Scars & Blemishes
If you are looking for Ayurvedic herbal formulations, I would recommend the following medicines:
- Manjishtadi Kashayam, Shatavari internally.
- Face pack made with Manjistha, Haridra, Vacha can be applied regularly with milk/ rose water / water.
- Massage the affected area with Kumkumadi taila at bedtime.
- You can also try Rose / Sandal face pack.
Prevent blemishes by avoiding picking or squeezing acne. Constant and prolonged effort is needed for best result.
Kaircin – Ayurvedic facial oil
- Prevents pimples, pigmentation scars and wrinkles.
- Contains anti -ageing properties.
- Reduces stretch marks and dark circles.
- Nourishes and tones the skin.
Direction of Use:
Apply 5 drops of oil on face and neck before sleeping in a circular motion. Retain for 30 minutes and wash with lukewarm water. Best results when applied daily.
At Nirogam we make sure to give our readers professionally verified information that they can trust with their eyes closed. All our content is backed by studies and academic research from medical institutions & associations. Our editorial policy will give you more information about how we verify our content’s authenticity & accuracy.