Jun 23 , 2018
Body odour is an unpleasant smell emitted from your body. This can be due to several reasons.
Causes of Body Odour
- Profuse sweating.
- Growth of bacteria on your skin.
- Hormonal changes.
- Lack of personal hygiene.
- Wearing unwashed clothes.
- Certain medical conditions like obesity, diabetes, etc.
- Taking medications like antidepressants and antipsychotic drugs.
- Nervousness, anxiety and stress can make you sweat more.
Management of Body Odour
- Bathe regularly with a neem based soap to kill bacteria. During summer, take shower twice a day.
- After bath, you can dust talcum powder or massage rose water till it is absorbed into your skin.
- You can apply sandal paste and rose water at night times to your palms, soles, and underarms.
- Prefer wearing light, loose cotton clothes.
- Wash and dry your clothes regularly.
- You can boil few neem leaves or neem bark in bathing water. It might help in killing the bacteria.
- Shave your underarms regularly. And scrub regularly with turmeric and besan paste.
- You can rub a piece of alum soaked in water on your underarms.
- Avoid consumption of pitta aggravating foods.
- Avoid alcohol and caffeinated drinks. Drink green tea or tea prepared with coriander seeds.
- Include cucumber, bitter gourd, snake gourd, bottle gourd, pumpkin and cilantro in your diet.
- Drink sufficient amount of water.
- You can drink lemon, watermelon and sariva juice added with sugar candy, camphor and cardamom.
- To manage excess pitta, you can take decoction prepared of triphala, amalaki and yashtimadhu.
- Soak 1 tbsp of fenugreek seeds overnight. Next day morning drink the water in empty stomach.
- Balance your emotions and relax by doing yoga, pranayama, and meditation.
- If you are obese, reduce your body weight by diet and exercise.