Body odour is an unpleasant smell emitted from your body. This can be due to several reasons.
Causes of Body Odour
- Profuse sweating.
- Growth of bacteria on your skin.
- Hormonal changes.
- Lack of personal hygiene.
- Wearing unwashed clothes.
- Certain medical conditions like obesity, diabetes, etc.
- Taking medications like antidepressants and antipsychotic drugs.
- Nervousness, anxiety and stress can make you sweat more.
Management of Body Odour
- Bathe regularly with a neem based soap to kill bacteria. During summer, take shower twice a day.
- After bath, you can dust talcum powder or massage rose water till it is absorbed into your skin.
- You can apply sandal paste and rose water at night times to your palms, soles, and underarms.
- Prefer wearing light, loose cotton clothes.
- Wash and dry your clothes regularly.
- You can boil few neem leaves or neem bark in bathing water. It might help in killing the bacteria.
- Shave your underarms regularly. And scrub regularly with turmeric and besan paste.
- You can rub a piece of alum soaked in water on your underarms.
- Avoid consumption of pitta aggravating foods.
- Avoid alcohol and caffeinated drinks. Drink green tea or tea prepared with coriander seeds.
- Include cucumber, bitter gourd, snake gourd, bottle gourd, pumpkin and cilantro in your diet.
- Drink sufficient amount of water.
- You can drink lemon, watermelon and sariva juice added with sugar candy, camphor and cardamom.
- To manage excess pitta, you can take decoction prepared of triphala, amalaki and yashtimadhu.
- Soak 1 tbsp of fenugreek seeds overnight. Next day morning drink the water in empty stomach.
- Balance your emotions and relax by doing yoga, pranayama, and meditation.
- If you are obese, reduce your body weight by diet and exercise.
At Nirogam we make sure to give our readers professionally verified information that they can trust with their eyes closed. All our content is backed by studies and academic research from medical institutions & associations. Our editorial policy will give you more information about how we verify our content’s authenticity & accuracy.