How to Manage Candidiasis with Ayurveda and Home Remedies!Candidiasis is a fungal infection caused due to yeast, candida. Commonly candida infection is seen in oral cavity, vagina and skin.
Oral candidiasis is termed as Oral thrush.
Causes of Oral Candidiasis
- Those who have weak immune power like in infants, old- age people, Diabetics, HIV and cancer patients who undergoing chemo/ radiation therapy.
- Dry mouth with poor oral hygiene.
- Certain medications like antibiotics and corticosteroids.
Signs and Symptoms of Oral Candidiasis
- Cheesy- white discolouration inside your cheeks, tongue and may extend to your throat.
- Difficulty in eating and swallowing.
- Decreased taste perception.
- Cracks near the angle of your mouth.
- Sometimes the lesions may bleed.
Ayurvedic Management of Oral Candidiasis
- Include turmeric, garlic, pepper, cinnamon, clove and cardamom in your cooking.
- Maintain good oral hygiene by brushing twice daily. Rinse your mouth after each meal.
- If you are using steroid inhalers, rinse your mouth after use.
- Control your sugar levels well by proper medication, diet and exercise.
- Avoid eating foods rich in sugar and which contain yeast. Minimise the use of dairy products.
- You can do warm salt water or sesame oil gargling daily.
- Boil 1 tsp of Triphala in a glass of water. Filter it and gargle when it is lukewarm twice daily.
- Internally you can take Neem, Tiktakam kashayam, Mahathikthakam Kashayam, Guggulu tiktaka, Kashayam , etc.
- Take Guduchi and Amalaki internally to improve your immunity.
Triphala Powder for candidiasis:
Benefits of Triphala powder:
- Improves digestion and relieves constipation
- Boosts metabolism and regulates cholesterol
- Useful in treatment of pre diabetes and obesity
- Good eye tonic.
- Heals wounds on external application
- Has anti oxidant properties
Triphala is known for its potent anti microbial qualities. Gargling with triphala water decoction is known to reduce the infections caused by the microbes.
How to make Triphala water decoction?
Boil about 2-3 tsp of triphala in a litre of water on a low flame and reduce it to half its quantity.
Use this decoction for gargling, twice or thrice a day for better results.
At Nirogam we make sure to give our readers professionally verified information that they can trust with their eyes closed. All our content is backed by studies and academic research from medical institutions & associations. Our editorial policy will give you more information about how we verify our content’s authenticity & accuracy.