Scabies is a contagious skin disease caused due to Sarcoptes scabiei, a burrowing mite.
Causes of Scabies
- Scabies spreads from an infected person to another through skin to skin contact.
- Sharing bed, clothes and other personal care products.
- Poor immunity and malnutrition.
- Severe itching.
- Skin rashes with small burrows.
- Lesion appears in between fingers, armpits, genital region, on soles, elbow and knee joints.
- Scratching may lead to secondary infection.
- Scrub your body well while taking a shower, pat dry and apply neem paste mixed with turmeric on the affected area. Allow it to dry and wash it off later. Do this for 3-4 consecutive days for complete cure.
- You can apply Mahamarichyadi taila to reduce itching.
- To heal the lesion you can apply Jatyadi tailam, Neem oil or Gandakadya malahara.
- Apply Aloe Vera lotion to soothe your skin.
- Internally, you can take Manjistha, Neem, Turmeric, Arogyavardhini vati, Gandhaka rasayana,
- Wash your clothes, bedding clothes, towels in hot water with soap solution and dry well.
- Dry the mattress in sunlight.
- Clean and fumigate the entire house to prevent recurrence.
Benefits of NEEM
- Anti Bacterial, Anti Parasitic, Anti Fungal and Anti Viral
- Anti Inflammatory
- Anti Malarial
- Detoxifies and Purifies Blood
- Treats Infections
- Acts as a Deworming Agent
- Treats Skin Disorders
- Helps in the Management of Diabetes
2 tablets once or twice daily.
At Nirogam we make sure to give our readers professionally verified information that they can trust with their eyes closed. All our content is backed by studies and academic research from medical institutions & associations. Our editorial policy will give you more information about how we verify our content’s authenticity & accuracy.