Threadworms or pinworms are the thin, tiny white parasitic worms that infest your large intestine. They live in the gut for about 5-6 weeks and then die. Female worms lay eggs around the anus before they die. Usually, children are affected but it can easily spread to others in the family.Causes of Threadworm Infestation
Threadworms can live for 2 weeks outside the body on things like bed sheets, towels, bathroom surfaces, furniture, toys, etc., and transfer to a person.
Walking barefoot outdoors.
Eating contaminated street foods.
Consuming unwashed fruits and vegetables.
Poor personal hygiene.Signs and Symptoms of Threadworm Infestation
Management of Threadworm Infestation
- Severe itching around the anus. The severity increases at night.
- Sleep disturbance.
- Mild abdominal pain.
- Decreased appetite.
- Sores around the anus.
- Complications like malnutrition, anaemia, and intestinal obstruction.
- Include garlic, turmeric, mustard, cumin, pepper, drumstick leaves, papaya, pomegranate and coconut in the diet.
- Trim your children’s nails regularly.
- Prevent your children from biting nails or sucking thumb.
- Make sure your children wash their hands well with soap solution after using the toilet and before having food.
- Guide them not to eat foodstuff fallen on the floor.
- Wash the beddings and kids cloth well in hot water.
- Clean your bathroom well.
- Avoid sweets, chocolates and foods prepared with maida.
Ayurvedic medicines like Vidanga, Vidangarishta, Krimi Kuthar rasa, Vacha
, Trikatu, Triphala
and Neem tablets
are beneficial.Benefits of NEEM
- Anti Bacterial, Anti Parasitic, Anti Fungal and Anti Viral
- Anti Inflammatory
- Anti Malarial
- Detoxifies and Purifies Blood
- Treats Infections
- Acts as a Deworming Agent
- Treats Skin Disorders
- Helps in the Management of Diabetes
02 Tablets Twice Daily