Polycystic ovarian syndrome is an endocrine disorder, which mainly affects the menstrual cycle and fertility in females. The incidence of PCOS is rising day by day due to unhealthy lifestyles.Causes of PCOS
Signs and Symptoms of PCOS
- Hormonal fluctuations.
- Increase in secretion of insulin.
- Hereditary reasons.
- Low grade inflammation.
- Abnormal weight gain.
- Irregular or absence of menstrual cycle.
- Abnormal menstrual bleeding.
- You will be more prone to acne, dandruff and oily skin.
- Blackish discolouration of skin in neck, armpits and groin region.
- Abnormal facial hair growth.
- Hair fall.
PCOS and its related problems cannot be treated with mere home remedies, you may have to undergo panchakarma therapies and take couple of Ayurvedic formulations for few months to correct the hormonal imbalance, regularise your periods and also to minimise the cysts.
The following Ayurvedic medicines may be helpful.
Picoshunya is aimed at treating the specific symptoms of PCOS. It targets the reduction of male hormones, optimization of the ovarian functions and improvement of endocrine functions – all of which are responsible for PCOS. Kanchanar Guggulu is a proven remedy to remove growths, swelling, and lumps like fibroids and cysts.Benefits of Picoshunya (for PCOD):
1. Promotes ovulation
2. Corrects irregular periods, Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCOD)
3. Enhances fertility
4. Eliminates cysts.Dosage :
1 or 2 tablets twice daily or as suggested by the physician.
Above are the medicines generally suggested for PCOS. It is always wise to consult an Ayurvedic physician and take the medicines according to your prakruti and associated complaints. You can also take free opinion from our in-house Ayurvedic physician by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org with your reports and current treatment regimen.Dos and Dont’s
- Soak some horse gram in warm water overnight. Next day morning, strain it and drink the water in empty stomach. You need not to eat the horse gram.
- Include garlic, fennel seeds, jeera, ginger and sesame seeds sufficiently in your diet.
- Avoid the intake of sweets, oily foods, non vegetarian foods, curds and reduce the consumption of milk products.
- Make sure you workout at least 30-45 minutes daily. Keep yourself active and avoid day sleep.
- Practise yoga and pranayama.