Blisters are the fluid filled bubbles that occur on your skin or mouth.
Causes of Blisters
- Constant friction or rubbing may be due to new shoes or sandals, etc.
- Burns or scalds.
- Insect bite.
- Irritation due to chemicals.
- Allergic reaction to drugs.
- Certain conditions like chicken pox, Herpes, impetigo, etc.
Management of Blisters
- Clean the blister with mild soap solution and water.
- Try to avoid popping the blister as it may lead to bacterial infection. If you want to drain the fluid, you can puncture with sterile needle.
- You can boil water with Neem, Turmeric or Triphala or Yashtimadhu, cool the water and use to clean the blister or wound.
- Apply castor oil or aloe vera gel locally.
- You can loosely cover the blister with a piece of cotton gauze.
- Once the blister break opens you can apply Jatyadi ghrita or taila for quick healing.
- If you have blisters in mouth, you can apply Yashtimadhu or Triphala with honey.
Prevention of Blisters
- Wear properly fitting shoes with socks.
- Apply coconut oil or vaseline on your skin where you feel constant irritation.
- Dust talcum powder on your feet and inside your socks to keep it dry.
At Nirogam we make sure to give our readers professionally verified information that they can trust with their eyes closed. All our content is backed by studies and academic research from medical institutions & associations. Our editorial policy will give you more information about how we verify our content’s authenticity & accuracy.