Blisters are the fluid filled bubbles that occur on your skin or mouth.Causes of Blisters
Management of Blisters
- Constant friction or rubbing may be due to new shoes or sandals, etc.
- Burns or scalds.
- Insect bite.
- Irritation due to chemicals.
- Allergic reaction to drugs.
- Certain conditions like chicken pox, Herpes, impetigo, etc.
Prevention of Blisters
- Clean the blister with mild soap solution and water.
- Try to avoid popping the blister as it may lead to bacterial infection. If you want to drain the fluid, you can puncture with sterile needle.
- You can boil water with Neem, Turmeric or Triphala or Yashtimadhu, cool the water and use to clean the blister or wound.
- Apply castor oil or aloe vera gel locally.
- You can loosely cover the blister with a piece of cotton gauze.
- Once the blister break opens you can apply Jatyadi ghrita or taila for quick healing.
- If you have blisters in mouth, you can apply Yashtimadhu or Triphala with honey.
- Wear properly fitting shoes with socks.
- Apply coconut oil or vaseline on your skin where you feel constant irritation.
- Dust talcum powder on your feet and inside your socks to keep it dry.