E.coli stands for Escherichia coli, a bacteria which lives in the intestine of human beings and animals. Some strains of E.coli causes various infections like stomach upset, urinary tract infection, etc.Causes of E.coli
Symptoms of E.coli
- Consumption of contaminated food and water.
- Eating uncooked or improperly cooked meat.
- Drinking unpasteurised milk.
- Not washing hands properly after using rest room.
- Swimming in pools with contaminated water.
- Infected pets can spread infection to you.
- Decreased immune level will make your more susceptible.
Management of E.coli
- Watery or bloody diarrhoea.
- Abdominal cramps.
- Delay in treatment may lead to kidney failure and death.
Ayurvedic Management of E.coli
- Include sufficient amount of fluids like gruel, soups, buttermilk and pomegranate juice.
- Drink sufficient warm water or boiled and cooled water.
- Boil Musta, jeera, Coriander seeds and shunti in water and keep on drinking few sips every hour to prevent dehydration and abdominal cramps ( Shunti should be avoided in bloody diarrhoea).
- Eat soft, light and easily digestible foods.
- Avoid milk and its products, alcohol and aerated beverages.
- Take proper bed rest.
- Avoid taking antibiotics and antidiarrhoeal medicines.
The following ayurvedic medicines are beneficial:
Dhanvanthari gulika can be taken to reduce abdominal cramps
DHANWANTHARI GULIKA TABLET also known as Dhanwantharam gulika is an ayurvedic medicine in tablet form. It serves as a first aid in the treatment of indigestion.
It acts mainly on the vata dosha. Causes vatanulomana – restores normal pathway of vataDosage
:1 or 2 pills can be chewed or taken with water or jeera water.Prevention of E.coli
- Wash your hands well after using the rest room and after coming home from public places.
- Avoid eating roadside food and drinks.
- Cook your food properly.
- Use pasteurised milk.
- Drink filtered or boiled and cooled water.
- Wash fruits and vegetables well.