Appendicitis is an inflammatory condition of your appendix. The appendix is a finger-shaped vestigial organ projecting from your large intestine.Causes of Appendicitis
Symptoms of Appendicitis
- Viral or bacterial infection.
- Blockage of the lumen of the appendix.
- Accumulation of faeces due to chronic constipation, worms, tumour or any foreign body.
- Other conditions like ulcerative colitis, Crohn’s disease, etc.
Appendicitis is a life-threatening condition. Timely diagnosis and treatment are mandatory. Untreated appendix may rupture and lead to peritonitis or abscess formation.
- Sudden sharp pain and tenderness in your right side of your lower abdomen.
- Increasing pain on body movements.
- Decreased appetite.
- Mild fever with chills.
- Constipation or diarrhoea.
- Stomach bloating.
Management of Appendicitis
Prevention of Appendicitis and its Recurrence in Chronic Appendicitis Patients
- You may need to undergo surgery for removal of the inflamed appendix. Followed by antibiotics.
- Improve your digestion and prevent flatulence by adding cumin, ajwain, garlic and ginger and pepper in your cooking. You can also take supplements like Agnitundi vati, Hingvastaka churna, Trikatu churna, Lavan bhaskar churna, Dhanvantara vati, Jeerakarista, Mustarista, etc.
- If you have constipation, take medicines to improve your digestion and bowel movements like Avipattikar churna, Triphala churna, Pancasakara churna, Katuki, Gandharvahasthadi kashayam, etc.
- Once in awhile taking deworming medicines like Krimighna vati, Vidanga, Vidangasava, etc. Include moringa leaves in your diet.
- Avoid withholding the natural urges. Make sure to evacuate your bowels daily.
- Avoid eating junk foods like pizza, burger, sandwiches, etc. Minimise the use of potatoes.
- Avoid curds and drink well churned freshly prepared buttermilk processed with curry leaves, ginger, and cumin seeds.
- To improve the health of your intestine, you can take Musta, Nagara, Usheera, Guduchi, Bilwa and Grahanyantaka ghrita.