Your hair is said to be damaged when it loses its natural shine and texture.
Causes of Hair Damage
- Excessive combing.
- Combing wet hair.
- Repeated hair straightening, curling, perming, etc.
- Use of harsh hair products and chemical colours.
- Lack of conditioning.
- Vigorous massaging and rubbing with towels.
- Tight hair styles and using more hair accessories.
- Nutritional deficiency.
- Exposure to dust and polluted environment.
- Using excess hot and chlorinated water for hair wash.
Signs and Symptoms of Damaged Hair
- Dry and brittle hair.
- Easily breaks.
- Rough texture.
- Frizzy and hard to detangle.
- More split ends.
- Oil your hair regularly. Leave the oil on your hair for 1 hour before hair wash.
- Use olive oil, almond oil, coconut oil, Nilibhringadi oil, Bhringamalakadi taila, etc.
- Use mild, herbal based shampoo. Dilute the shampoo with water before applying to your hair.
- Use a wide toothed comb to detangle your hair.
- Trim your hair little every three months.
- Apply egg to your damaged hair weekly once.
- Eat protein, mineral, vitamin E and antioxidant rich foods.
- Include spinach, curry leaves, egg, milk and amla in your diet.
- Ayurvedic supplements like Amalaki, Triphala, Dhatri loha, Mandoora, Amalaki rasayana, Chyawanprash and Narasimha rasayana are beneficial to promote your hair health.
- Try natural conditioners like aloe vera gel, hibiscus flowers, and henna.
- Let the hair dry itself. Avoid using the hair dryer.
- Cover your hair to protect from dust and pollutants.
- Wash your hair after strenuous workout and swimming.
- Encourages rich and full hair growth
- Reverses premature greying and hair loss
- Calms Pitta
- Restores healthy shine to hair.
1. Neelibhringadi thailam: Rub the warm oil gently on the scalp and wash off nextmorning or apply on the scalp and wash off after an hour.
2. Bhringaraj Powder : 3-6 grams of Organic Bhringaraj Powder, mixed in one cup of warm water, can be taken twice a day as a general tonic. It can also be applied as a hair pack once in a week.
At Nirogam we make sure to give our readers professionally verified information that they can trust with their eyes closed. All our content is backed by studies and academic research from medical institutions & associations. Our editorial policy will give you more information about how we verify our content’s authenticity & accuracy.