Liver cirrhosis is a progressive disease, a complication of long-standing liver disease characterised by fibrosis of the liver.Causes of Liver Cirrhosis
Signs and Symptoms of Liver Cirrhosis
- Consumption of alcohol for a prolonged duration.
- Liver diseases like Hepatitis, fatty liver.
- Inherited liver diseases like Wilson’s disease, Cystic fibrosis, Autoimmune hepatitis, etc.
- Drug induced.
Ayurvedic Management of Liver Cirrhosis
- Initially, you will not notice at signs and symptoms. After a few years, these symptoms may appear:
- Yellowish discolouration of skin and eyes.
- Decreased appetite.
- Weight loss.
- Swelling of legs and abdomen.
- Enlargement of the spleen.
- Complications like ascites, encephalopathy, portal hypertension, malnutrition, Liver cancer, etc.
Home Remedies for Managing Liver Cirrhosis
- Arogyavardhini vati, Triphala, Katuki, Kalamegha, Punarnava, Bhringaraja, Drakshadi kashayam, Guluchyadi kashayam are effective.
- Take the mixture of Guduchi, Yashtimadhu, and Amalaki to improve your immunity.
The Nirogam Hepatitis Kit For
- Quit alcohol consumption.
- Avoid self medications.
- Eat a healthy food filled with fresh vegetables and fruits.
- Protect yourself from exposing to infection.
- Reduce salt intake, avoid pickles, sauce, and other preservative added foods.
- Avoid pitta aggravating foods sour, spicy, oily fried foods and nonveg.
- Replace curds with well churned-buttermilk.
- Include raisins, sugar cane juice in your diet.
- Avoid strenuous physical exercise.
1. Rejuvenation of liver
2. Improves appetite and metabolism
3. Treats dysfunction of liver the gall bladder
4. Reduces increased serum bilirubin levels.Dosage:
1. VasaGuluchyadi Kashayam Tablets – 2 tablets, 30 minutes before breakfast and dinner with warm water.
2. Bhumiamalaki Powder – 2 tsp with buttermilk or warm water in the early morning, on an empty stomach.
3. Hepoliv Tablet – 1 tablet after breakfast with warm water.