Liver cirrhosis is a progressive disease, a complication of long-standing liver disease characterised by fibrosis of the liver.
Causes of Liver Cirrhosis
- Consumption of alcohol for a prolonged duration.
- Liver diseases like Hepatitis, fatty liver.
- Inherited liver diseases like Wilson’s disease, Cystic fibrosis, Autoimmune hepatitis, etc.
- Drug induced.
Signs and Symptoms of Liver Cirrhosis
- Initially, you will not notice at signs and symptoms. After a few years, these symptoms may appear:
- Yellowish discolouration of skin and eyes.
- Decreased appetite.
- Weight loss.
- Swelling of legs and abdomen.
- Enlargement of the spleen.
- Complications like ascites, encephalopathy, portal hypertension, malnutrition, Liver cancer, etc.
Ayurvedic Management of Liver Cirrhosis
- Arogyavardhini vati, Triphala, Katuki, Kalamegha, Punarnava, Bhringaraja, Drakshadi kashayam, Guluchyadi kashayam are effective.
- Take the mixture of Guduchi, Yashtimadhu, and Amalaki to improve your immunity.
Home Remedies for Managing Liver Cirrhosis
- Quit alcohol consumption.
- Avoid self medications.
- Eat a healthy food filled with fresh vegetables and fruits.
- Protect yourself from exposing to infection.
- Reduce salt intake, avoid pickles, sauce, and other preservative added foods.
- Avoid pitta aggravating foods sour, spicy, oily fried foods and nonveg.
- Replace curds with well churned-buttermilk.
- Include raisins, sugar cane juice in your diet.
- Avoid strenuous physical exercise.
The Nirogam Hepatitis Kit For
1. Rejuvenation of liver
2. Improves appetite and metabolism
3. Treats dysfunction of liver the gall bladder
4. Reduces increased serum bilirubin levels.
1. VasaGuluchyadi Kashayam Tablets – 2 tablets, 30 minutes before breakfast and dinner with warm water.
2. Bhumiamalaki Powder – 2 tsp with buttermilk or warm water in the early morning, on an empty stomach.
3. Hepoliv Tablet – 1 tablet after breakfast with warm water.
At Nirogam we make sure to give our readers professionally verified information that they can trust with their eyes closed. All our content is backed by studies and academic research from medical institutions & associations. Our editorial policy will give you more information about how we verify our content’s authenticity & accuracy.