Ayush Kwath is a herbal decoction developed by The Ministry of AYUSH (Ayurveda, Yoga, Unani, Siddha, and Homeopathy). The AYUSH Ministry believes that taking the ‘Ayush Kwath’ formulation can help boost the immune system against viruses, including the novel coronavirus that causes COVID-19. The formula was created keeping in mind the global pandemic that is caused by the Coronavirus but even otherwise it is a great immunity booster.
What is Ayush Kwath?The herbal formulation of Ayush Kwath - immunity booster, comprises four medicinal herbs widely used in the Indian kitchen. The formulation focuses on promoting public health, endorsed by the Prime Minister. It is made of the following herbs:
- Tulsi (Holy Basil leaves)
- Dalchini (Cinnamon bark)
- Sunthi (Dry ginger powder), and
- Krishna Marich (Black pepper)
The recipe for this herbal decoction has been handed out by the AYUSH Ministry to the Indian States and Union Territories. They have been asked to promote commercial manufacturing of the formulation as it can boost the body's immunity against COVID-19.
Ingredients & Its Benefits:
The following are the benefits of the miracle combination developed by the AYUSH Ministry.
Tulsi (Ocimum sanctum) leaves - 4 parts
Benefits of Tulsi (Holy Basil) leaves:
- It acts as a natural immunity booster.
- It is a detoxifying, cleansing, and purifying agent for both the external as well as the internal body.
- It is good for the skin – both when consumed and applied topically.
- It helps in treating skin disorders, itching, and issues like ringworms.
- It can be consumed as a tea or can be eaten in a raw, powder, or paste form.
- It has antibiotic, anti-viral, anti-bacterial, and anti-carcinogenic properties.
- It helps in relieving fever, headache, sore throat, cold, cough, flu, and chest congestion.
- It is also beneficial in treating respiratory ailments like chronic bronchitis, asthma, etc.
- It helps to relieve stress, strengthen immunity, and facilitate proper digestion.
- It is loaded with phytonutrients, essential oils, Vitamin A, and Vitamin C.
- It counters elevated blood sugar levels and is therefore great to treat diabetics.
- It is also a known adaptogen, a herb that helps the body resist stressors.
Dalchini (Cinnamomum zeylanicum) stem bark - 2 parts
Benefits of Dalchini (Cinnamomum zeylanicum):
- It acts as an antioxidant and is anti-Inflammatory..
- It is known to treat cancer.
- It promotes heart health.
- It treats chest pain and common cold.
- It helps to cure diarrhea
- It treats Erectile Dysfunction (ED)
- It helps to treat high blood pressure.
- It cures intestinal gas issues.
- It reduces joint pain
- It treats menopausal symptoms
- It reduces menstrual problems
- It helps to fight diabetes
- It fights infections
- It eliminates the risk of AIDS
- It helps to treat skin ailments
Sunthi (Zingiber officinale) rhizome - 2 parts
Benefits of Sunthi (Dry Ginger Powder):
- It helps in reducing weight
- It lowers cholesterol
- Helps to treat indigestion
- Treats menstrual pain
- Cures nausea and morning sickness
- Lowers blood sugar
- Treats inflammation
Krishna Marich (Piper nigrum) fruit - 1 part
Benefits of Krishna Marich (Black Pepper):
- It is high in antioxidants
- It has anti-inflammatory properties
- May benefit your brain
- Improves blood sugar control
- Lowers cholesterol levels
- May have cancer-fighting properties
- Promotes gut health
- Offers pain relief
- Boosts the absorption of nutrients
Procedure to Create Ayush Kwath at Home:
Dissolve 3 gms powder comprising all ingredients - Tulsi (basil leaves), Dalchini (cinnamon bark), Sunthi (dry ginger powder), and Krishna Marich (black pepper) in 150 ml hot boiled water.
You can also add gud or gur (jaggery) / draksha (raisins) and lemon juice to this decoction to your taste.
According to the Ayush ministry, the decoction can be taken once or twice every day - to help strengthen your immunity. The formulation is suitable for consuming as a tea or hot beverage every day.
According to health experts, the Coronavirus reduces the immune response of the infected person and is seen to mostly target people with a low immune system. Experts feel that the improvement of the immune system helps in reducing the effects of the infection and also fights COVID-19. So, this is a perfect mixture to fight off this deadly virus.
Ayush Kwath is an easy and effective herbal concoction to strengthen the immune system. It makes it possible to fight illness by strengthening one’s core. Immunity is a protective shield that keeps infections, viruses, and illnesses at bay. Regular consumption can help you protect yourself from autoimmune diseases. This 4-ingredient drink is loaded with power-packed nutrients and should definitely be included in one’s daily routine.
At Nirogam we make sure to give our readers professionally verified information that they can trust with their eyes closed. All our content is backed by studies and academic research from medical institutions & associations. Our editorial policy will give you more information about how we verify our content’s authenticity & accuracy.