Lipoma is a painless fatty lump that grows below your skin.
Causes of Lipoma
According to modern science, the exact cause of lipoma is not known clearly yet. As per Ayurveda, mamsa and medo vaha sroto dushti along with vitiation of kapha dosha is considered as the cause for lipoma.
Following are the factors which vitiate these channels:
- Sleeping immediately after meals.
- Regular intake of heavy and fatty foods.
- Lack of physical exercise.
- Sleeping during day time.
Symptoms of Lipoma
- Soft and a small lump, occurs anywhere in the body. Commonly seen in arms, thighs and shoulders.
- Usually, they are painless. If they grow and compress the nerve you may feel pain.
- Lipoma may increases in size very slowly and they are harmless.
Management of Lipoma
Usually, no treatment is necessary for lipoma as it is harmless. If it is paining or growing very fast you can undergo surgical removal.
Ayurvedic medicines like Triphala, Guggulu, Navaka guggulu, Kanchanar guggulu, Neem and Panchakarma treatments like Vamana, udvartana, swedana, etc are beneficial in preventing further increase in the size of lipoma.
At Nirogam we make sure to give our readers professionally verified information that they can trust with their eyes closed. All our content is backed by studies and academic research from medical institutions & associations. Our editorial policy will give you more information about how we verify our content’s authenticity & accuracy.