Pleural effusion is a condition where there is collection of fluid in your pleural cavity. Pleural cavity is the space between your lungs and chest cavity.
Common Causes of Pleural Effusion
- Bacterial/Viral Infections.
- Liver cirrhosis.
- Heart failure.
- Renal disorder.
Symptoms of Pleural Effusion
Signs and symptoms vary according to the underlying cause of effusion. General symptoms are:
- Pain and discomfort in your chest.
- Difficulty in breathing or shortness of breath.
- Feeling of tightness in the chest.
Treatment also varies and depends upon the cause of Pleural effusion. This includes
- Medication for pain management and fever.
- If you have large accumulated fluid, intercostal drainage has to be done.
Ayurvedic Management of Pleural Effusion
- Boil few pinch of Turmeric in a glass of milk and drink once daily
- Try drinking Ginger tea instead of normal coffee / tea
- Herbs like Punarnava, Triphala, Pushkaramula, Yashtimadhu, Dashamoola, Guduchi, etc., are beneficial.
- Avoid smoking, tobacco and alcohol consumption
- Minimize the exposure to air pollutants, allergens and dust
At Nirogam we make sure to give our readers professionally verified information that they can trust with their eyes closed. All our content is backed by studies and academic research from medical institutions & associations. Our editorial policy will give you more information about how we verify our content’s authenticity & accuracy.