Hi folks !
Diwali is that time of the year when your weight loss goals goes over a toss. That one bite of a bright orange pretzel shaped jalebi deep fried and dipped in sugar syrup comes over to 200 calories. A single piece contains 24gms of fat and 7mgs of cholesterol.Two medium sized gulab jamun balls have about 387 calories, Fat – 15gms and Cholesterol – 31mgs.
Here is the cheat sheet from Nirogam Team for burning all the extra calories.
- Going up and down on steps 20 minutes (12 steps staircase) can burn up to 185 calories.
- One round of cleaning for 20 minutes (including sweeping) can burn up to 80 calories.
- Bollywood dancing for 25 minutes can burn up to 150 calories.
- Zumba dance for 1 hour burns 600 to 1000 calories depending upon the intensity.
- Jumping rope burns more than 200 calories in two 10-minute sessions each day.
Keep your digestive fire active by physical exercise and ayurvedic formulations for avoiding any digestive disturbance, this diwali.
- Taking 1/2 tsp Trikatu churnam with warm water will increase the digestion and metabolism.
- 1 tsp of ginger juice + 1 tsp of lemon juice + a pinch of salt relieves bloating, nausea and promotes easy digestion of food.
- Hing , jeera and ajwain are spices that promotes digestion and further prevents bloating and heaviness.
- Sipping hot water promotes digestion.
- Avoid burning crackers and keep your immune system healthy.
Nirogam Team wishes you all a happy and healthy Diwali!!