You have no items in your shopping cart.
Skip to content
Anxiety attacks have become a common scenario. The fear of failure and the pressure to succeed is why most people get bouts of depression.
Feeling depressed is one of the worst ailments to live with. Waging internal battles everyday can be killing. However, research shows that genetic factors may also contribute to symptoms of depression. Scientists believe as many as 40-50% of those with depression can trace the cause to a combination of genes in their DNA. Furthermore, depression affects everyone differently. Each person’s reaction to negative circumstances varies, the way they handle it differs and the manner in which each person fights it varies. The ability to accept that you have been hit by depression helps in a big way to treat it.
The biggest help you can offer someone who is suffering from depression is to just be there for them and listen patiently without being judgmental. Don’t make depression a mental stigma. Talk about it and help yourself and anyone around you suffering from it.
Ayurvedic offers some valuable solutions for depression.
1. Studies say that deficiency of Vitamin D results in a general feeling of moodiness and depression. Intake of 60,000IU of cholecalciferol once a week helps.
2. Sun basking is also an easy to follow method to allow the body to synthesize its own Vitamin D.
3. Intake of Satvik food rich in fresh fruits and vegetables is known to improve the functions of the mind and alleviate depression. On the other hand, food that is spicy, oily, preserved and non - vegetarian food that is considered Rajasic and Tamasic in nature can worsen the condition.
4. Psychological counselling, positive self talk helps. Learn to curb negative thinking.
5. Improve your sleep hours. Fix a particular time to go to bed and wake up.
Also known as Manasamithra Vati or Manasamithram Vatakam is used mainly in the Ayurvedic treatment of mental disorders, sleep disorders, depression and anxiety. Its formulation consists of 73 ingredients and is made according to the traditional Ayurvedic principles of Kerala Ayurveda. Manasamithra Gulika pacifies the three doshas – Vata, Pitta and Kapha. It is a powerful neuroprotective medicine.
Is an effective solution for insomnia, stress, anxiety and depression that calms the mind. The recommended dose is 1-2 tablets per day with warm milk/ warm water or as directed by the physician.
Corrects the blood pressure, calms the mind.
Brahmi, also known as Bacopa, is a plant that has been used in traditional Indian medicine (Ayurveda). Bacopa is commonly used for Alzheimer's disease as it helps in improving memory, relieving anxiety, and treating attention deficit-hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) among its many other uses.
Have a calming effect on the mind and treat mental disorders.
You have no items in wishlist.